Another rc car geek thread.
Close

This is a discussion on Another rc car geek thread. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Here's the A main start from our race this weekend. I qualified 7th out of about 30 buggies and had a fast car for the ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Another rc car geek thread.

Here's the A main start from our race this weekend. I qualified 7th out of about 30 buggies and had a fast car for the conditions but my old nerves weren't quite up to the task that particular race. It was the first run on a new layout which was very technical and a few jumps changed dramatically throughout the race day. It is off road but we like to race each other and not the track. LOL Watch full screen and HD for full effect. RC cars need all of the help they can get scale/resolution wise.

01 MZ Skorpion (No, it's not stock. It was originally designed in England, has a Japanese motor, is built with Italian components, but it's German)
    03 Kawasaki KX250 (Braaap!)
    73 Yamaha RD350/R5

What chassis you running this time, Victor?

holy shit that looks like alot of fun. wonder if they've got anything like that over here....
    Ignorance Is Bliss

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Are the track assistants paid in copay or Ibuprofen?
    Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles. It makes me take another look. - S.M.

I'd definitely be asking for shin guards...
    Ignorance Is Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer_John View Post
    What chassis you running this time, Victor?
    Losi 8ight-E 3.0. They really have perfected the sensored motor electronics now. It's just like driving a big honking indestructible 1/10 4wd buggy. Losi has even released a kit with a purpose built chassis and shock towers that have camber link and shock positions optimized for the electric's weight distribution.
    Last edited by caferocket686; 04-06-2015 at 12:58 PM.
    01 MZ Skorpion (No, it's not stock. It was originally designed in England, has a Japanese motor, is built with Italian components, but it's German)
    73 Yamaha RD350/R5

Quote Originally Posted by nicebikemate View Post
    holy shit that looks like alot of fun. wonder if they've got anything like that over here....
    I'm sure they do. It's just a matter of how far you'll have to drive to get to the nearest track. European tracks typically have fewer jumps and higher traction surfaces.
    73 Yamaha RD350/R5

Quote Originally Posted by busapilot View Post
    Are the track assistants paid in copay or Ibuprofen?
    Track marshals are the racers from the previous race. I wished most tracks had hired help for this but tracks rarely turn a profit, or enough of one to warrant paying employees to do anything. Even the track building is usually done with volunteer work and/or donations from the racing community.
    73 Yamaha RD350/R5

Quote Originally Posted by nicebikemate View Post
    I'd definitely be asking for shin guards...
    They can get you if you aren't looking out for yourself, and sometimes even that doesn't work out for you. I accidentally broke a guy's thumb a few months back when he tried to keep the car from somersaulting up into his face after I missed a jump. The car was going to come up short, or so I thought, so I landed on power to help pull the front end over the lip of the landing. Turns out it was a perfect downside and the car launched out of the following jump as if it had rockets attached to it, and headed straight for the marshal standing in the hairpin following the jump section. I applied full brakes to keep from hitting him but the car's skid plate dug in and it started flipping instead of sliding to a stop. It's racing though, shit happens and he wasn't too mad at me.
    73 Yamaha RD350/R5

Needs some onboard video!
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links