The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread - Page 100
Close

The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Home ownership and bike work don't go together well....

Page 100 of 163 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1628
Like Tree606Likes

Thread: The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

Home ownership and bike work don't go together well.
    "With idiotic intentions come idiotic victories" – Salvage Bultaco franken-bike build log

Quote Originally Posted by Tanshanomi View Post
    Home ownership and bike work don't go together well.
    stick a wife and a lawnmower into the equation and and you'll find the powerband becomes very narrow.

It has legs again with respectable shoes.

Got that 2.8 shim and put it where it belonged... Then arsessembled it to here so I can pop some fuel in it, balance the gauges, and then balance the carbourmoretters. That is for tomorrow..

Name:  20161111_180545.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  1.54 MB

Check out my badass mini bungees. I sent some to Ichiban San for further research.

Name:  20161111_180606.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  1.51 MB

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Finally cracked open the box with the powder coating thingy in it. First thing I found out was the space that I was going to use for spraying isn't going to be used for spraying. Time to build a little booth to contain the fog. Had to cannibalize a spray gun to get a regulator that was accurate at 8psi, it needs a better ground clamp and I need better lighting, but at least the parts are black and I didn't set the house on fire.

Name:  Oven.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  110.8 KB
    Tanshanomi and 83XLX like this.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Started adding records to my family tree. Found my great, great grandads and granmas registration forms from when Guernsey was occupied. Strange feeling.
    Last edited by Andyshep; 11-12-2016 at 02:21 PM.
    Mark Burton likes this.

[QUOTE=pwalo;438434]
    balance the gauges, and then balance the carbourmoretters.

Those gauges always bugged me, then they came out with the one gauge that had the valve set up so you could switch from one carb to the other and not have to worry about balancing 4 gauges, but it bugged me even more. I would actually prefer some fragile glass tubes stuffed full of atomic number 80, but then I've been told that I'm a little different.

Speaking of motorcycles that smell nice.... I bought this over your way for a song and a dance, back when nobody gave a shit about them. That's not me on the bike. I think he is wetting himself because there is daylight between the front "tyre" and the ground. I would never admit to such a thing... but I do distinctly remember riding it years later around a corner with limited traction looking like one of those speedway monkeys. It came up against the steering stop. Thankfully the bike was ok. My pride not so much...
    I wouldn't use the R40 in the engine anymore, but I might put a cap full in the tank or drool some on the exhaust pipe.

Name:  Inter.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  174.6 KB

Name:  R40.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  169.1 KB
    pwalo likes this.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

The battery charger for my wife's Spyder was inop, so I bought another. Plugged it in today and the new one wouldn't charge either. The battery in '10-'12 Spyder RTs is buried deep under the seat behind a bunch of body panels and structural parts -- almost impossible to get to. It took me 2 hrs 45 min to replace the charging pigtail.
    "With idiotic intentions come idiotic victories" – Salvage Bultaco franken-bike build log

Been pondering over what to do next again today and I'm fancying doing a 1200 bandit dressed up XR69 style. Won't be any less function over a standard bandit, but more a dress up job.

Been burning the old retinas with my "more light for less angry pixies" drive. The camera doesn't do justice to how bright these little buggers are.

All running from an old printer power supply that probably drags less out of the hole in the wall than the striplight that currently illuminates the empire of dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyorg View Post

Those gauges always bugged me, then they came out with the one gauge that had the valve set up so you could switch from one carb to the other and not have to worry about balancing 4 gauges, but it bugged me even more. I would actually prefer some fragile glass tubes stuffed full of atomic number 80, but then I've been told that I'm a little different.
    I would love some mercury gauges. I have a set of "faux" mercury ones that have a shiny metal slider in a glass tube but they are nearly twice as shit as the wobbly needle jobs.

I just go through the ball ache of synching all four gauges to one cylinder and then synching the carbs every time I get them out. My left shoe is calibrated more accurately than them gauges....

Sponsored Links