The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread - Page 101
Close

The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Tanshanomi The battery charger for my wife's Spyder was inop, so I bought another. Plugged it in today and the new one ...

Page 101 of 205 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2046
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tanshanomi View Post
    The battery charger for my wife's Spyder was inop, so I bought another. Plugged it in today and the new one wouldn't charge either. The battery in '10-'12 Spyder RTs is buried deep under the seat behind a bunch of body panels and structural parts -- almost impossible to get to. It took me 2 hrs 45 min to replace the charging pigtail.
    Just glad your wife doesn't drive the american mk1 golf or that post might've taken on an entirely different meaning!!

Had a rude awaking last night. I had just nodded off to sleep at around 3am when there was a violent pounding on my front door. It was neighbor letting me know half my yard was going up in flames. I hauled ass out there in my underwear and started dousing the flames nearing the shop door, behind which are the 2 bikes. After about 10 minutes and realizing it was going to take a bunch more water to put it out I handed the hose to the neighbor to man while I went back in to get some clothes on. By the time I got back out there the fire department had arrived and after a half hour I realized there was NFW I was putting out the fire with my garden hose. It ended up burning a good part of the side yard and destroyed my race car trailer tires and decking. Actually that part was a blessing as I was planning on reskinning the trailer and wasn't looking forward to removing the old decking, well the fire and the fighters took care of that for me when I said the wood under the diamond plate skin was still burning.So the ended up ripping the whole deck off. 2 of the tires were already blown and shredded from the last trip home after selling the race car. The only good tire left is still good, I'll replace all 4 obviously. If not for the neighbors Pit Bull, my buddy, raising hell and waking his owners there's no telling what might have happened. As it is now I am just considering it a minor brush fire. We are in a drought and with the leaves falling there are massive forest fires in north Georgia and the air here is just filled with smoke everywhere.

Here you can see how close it got to the house. Nothing but dry leaves the fire would have followed right up to the house and I'd a been f**ked.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by o1marc; 11-14-2016 at 06:43 PM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Glad to hear it didn't end in tears. Bonus that it got a couple of shit jobs out the way. No such thing as brush fires here as there are only 2 and 1/2 dry days a year in yorkshire.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Fix faster, Ride more

Geesh you guys need to get out and ride more, today was an awesome day for riding, almost the best this year! With 4 bikes on the go we dealt with one bad spark plug, one dirty carburetor, one clutch basket that came loose behind the friction plates, two fractured rear fenders, one broken thumb and everything got fixed out in the woods using a few hand tools, a swiss army knife, several zip ties and a rock bike repairs barely even cut into our riding time.
    DohcBikes and drgonzo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Geesh you guys need to get out and ride more, today was an awesome day for riding, almost the best this year! With 4 bikes on the go we dealt with one bad spark plug, one dirty carburetor, one clutch basket that came loose behind the friction plates, two fractured rear fenders, one broken thumb and everything got fixed out in the woods using a few hand tools, a swiss army knife, several zip ties and a rock bike repairs barely even cut into our riding time.
    So still doing the survivor man motorcycle series then? Cool, I'm still holding out for a few more riding days before I make room next to the couch. Just got to get out and back before the temps plummet at the end of the day and the deer start roaming the streets. Other than that some great scenery you don't normal see now the leaves are off the trees and the bike loves the cooler temps for running. Often wish I still had a dirt machine. Woody had a trials bike for sale a while back but the never sitting down thing sounded exhausting.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

You gotta come out and try it some time, you'll be totally addicted once you do, waaaaay better exercise then running! Only warning I would offer is that riding trials bikes tends to render all other forms of motor sports boring by comparison.
    :| my spare bike is in service mode at the moment or I'd suggest you come out and ride with us next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen J View Post
    So still doing the survivor man motorcycle series then? Cool, I'm still holding out for a few more riding days before I make room next to the couch. Just got to get out and back before the temps plummet at the end of the day and the deer start roaming the streets. Other than that some great scenery you don't normal see now the leaves are off the trees and the bike loves the cooler temps for running. Often wish I still had a dirt machine. Woody had a trials bike for sale a while back but the never sitting down thing sounded exhausting.
    Friday, Saturday look really good for temperature, although with all the guns in the bush 'round here right now it's better to be on the roads. I thought we were done for the season a couple weeks ago, got to put a battery back in a bike.

Short videos from yesterday of Wojo's first ever attempt at Mt.Rushmore rock

http://vid990.photobucket.com/albums...psi8yamacw.mp4

...somebody once asked what the 2 guys standing at the top of the rock were for:

http://vid990.photobucket.com/albums...pswbvao5gp.mp4

I think this was where he busted his thumb

Stilll riding down here in north Alabama. That's my old Sportster mixed in with the BMWs and the Honda. Taken at the trailhead to the Walls of Jericho.

drgonzo and Fk5 like this.

I spent two hours before work this morning in the workshop. Managed to get some stuff done on BOTH projects — the first time in literally months.

Sponsored Links