The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread - Page 102
Close

The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Still riding in Nebraska. Love me some global warming...

Page 102 of 205 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2047
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

Still riding in Nebraska. Love me some global warming

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    You gotta come out and try it some time, you'll be totally addicted once you do, waaaaay better exercise then running! Only warning I would offer is that riding trials bikes tends to render all other forms of motor sports boring by comparison.
    :| my spare bike is in service mode at the moment or I'd suggest you come out and ride with us next time.
    I did try it and it was TOUGH. Reinforced what I already knew, I am in terrible shape. I had more falls than cleans, but ya gotta start some where.
    Footnote: 1974 TY250 heavy on about the 3rd pick-up.
    83XLX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Still riding in Nebraska. Love me some global warming
    Talk to me about Global Warming when we're in the middle of the brutal winter that is expected this year.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    Talk to me about Global Warming when we're in the middle of the brutal winter that is expected this year.
    Praying for a brutal winter here as I've not yet had the opportunity to introduce betty properly to the soul boost you get from sliding out of control down a hill covered in a shit ton of snow......

As far as what I'm doing today..... the zx6 is misbehaving and not pumping fuel..... after all i've fucking done for the bitch..... I know she'll come round to my caress though..... nowt ever got done under duress so I'll tease her rather than poke one of her eyes out and do the rest of her makeup with an angle grinder....

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    You gotta come out and try it some time, you'll be totally addicted once you do, waaaaay better exercise then running! Only warning I would offer is that riding trials bikes tends to render all other forms of motor sports boring by comparison.
    :| my spare bike is in service mode at the moment or I'd suggest you come out and ride with us next time.
    I will take you up on a lesson in trials sir. Would be an awesome experience. Though being a little old and worn out does make me apprehensive. Watched the competitions for years in amazement as to what could be done with balls and two wheels. I don't mind a few bruises as long as I'm learning. It's when things snap I get a little whiny. I remember some Lambkin (sp?) guy who was always amazing to watch. Saw him go up a waterfall once and I was hooked. Anyway, if your patient and offering I'd like to see what it's all about. Looks like spring given my current work schedule though. Cheers
    TrialsRider and pwalo like this.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

that be dougie lampkin.

climbing over things with bikes will teach you a finesse of low speed control that others will gape at.

I feel a strange need to post this.......

Find the rest of his shit..... you will be inspired....... then attach a motor and carry on.....

on a side note I love how all the muggles come and look down the subway steps after the wizard disappears...
    Last edited by pwalo; 11-18-2016 at 12:56 PM. Reason: look at what this hand is doing..... real wizards use both hands and neither of them are sleight.

Quote Originally Posted by pwalo View Post
    that be dougie lampkin.

climbing over things with bikes will teach you a finesse of low speed control that others will gape at.

Find the rest of his shit..... you will be inspired....... then attach a motor and carry on.....

on a side note I love how all the muggles come and look down the subway steps after the magician disappears...
    Watched allot of this guy, does some great videos. Actually it was him what got me thinking bout Dougie.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen J View Post
    Watched allot of this guy, does some great videos. Actually it was him what got me thinking bout Dougie.
    Changing gear can be a fun thing to learn on a lot of them if you come from road land, sort of hook it backwards and forwards whilst you dance on your tippy toes....

Ten minutes real learning on a trials bike and you'll astound the car drivers around you the next time you trickle in traffic on your road bike whilst demonstrating a perfect four way balance between rider weight, rear brake drag, clutch slip and throttle.

TBH everyone who rides a motorcycle should have to do a bit of unpredictable surface, slow work as part of the test before being let loose on a mid powered bike.

Everyone who drives a car should be beat to death with the radio, aircon, kids, iphone and then made to do all of the above before ever being allowed to control a ton and a half of potential kinetic destruction.

I

Took the Ironhead for a ride on what was probably the last "warm" day this year - the high was 79 deg F.

Just hanging out in my workshop looking bad ass on a chopper:

Name:  20161123_100225.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  1.04 MB
    K9Swine, Ichiban Moto and Andyshep like this.

Sponsored Links