The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread - Page 11
Close

The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; there were at least two F82 twin mustangs, probably about 4 A/B 26 Intruders (not the Martin B26 - there was only one of those), ...

Page 11 of 205 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

there were at least two F82 twin mustangs, probably about 4 A/B 26 Intruders (not the Martin B26 - there was only one of those), there were two Lockheed Constellations and two B29s not counting the half a fuselage you can walk through. Kind of surprised there weren't more P51s and p40s but not that surprised as I would rather variety than just different variants of the same aircraft.

The other disappointing part is that there is probably only about 1/2 of the collection on display at any time so some of the airplanes I wanted to see weren't around. You can book time in the resto shop too and you need to shuttle bus to the R&D and presidential areas So I didn't get to see planes that I wanted to see and were on display as well.

What is nice is most of the airplanes have a story that they disclose on the plaques or sometimes in the video.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondj View Post
    Messerschmitt Komet in real life.
    There was one at Dayton (built and sabotaged in occupied France), as well as an ME262 and a Japanese "Cherry Blossom" (aka the kamikaze flying bomb).

We saw Cole's Spad. His Neuport 28 and Sopwith Snipe are at Air and Space in DC. His Avro is at the Canadian air and space museum.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

After breakfast with the family for mothers day........now my gift to my wife.......diagnosing and repairing her 200X. No compression. I'm sure she feels this is better than a Gucci bag.

Name:  20150510_144421.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  866.3 KB
    DohcBikes likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I put a new laminate floor in the Airstream yesterday. A pipe burst last week and turned the former floor into a mushy, buckled mess.

Name:  IMG_3359.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  1.54 MB
    "It ran when I parked it. Probably just needs new gas and the carbs cleaned."

Im ordering parts for the 1100F today
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Did some fiberglass repair and prepwork on my spare Rickman 1/2 fairing and Z1 frame bracket.

Any suggestions on color? my full rickman fairing is painted dark grey (on a navy blue bike) and I may want to change things up... I'm thinking blood red?

Otherwise I may just get it all cleaned up and sell it.

Name:  IMAG1838.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  1.72 MB
    Name:  IMAG1837.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  3.46 MB
    Name:  IMAG1832.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  1.71 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Today I'm recovering from seeing The Who in concert last night, and going to a job interview this afternoon.
    The Who show was very good! They had Pete Townsend ' s brother playing backup guitar, and Ringo Starr's son, Zach playing drums.
    It must be awesome to be part of a band that has helped define an entire genre for the last 50 years.
    They had some cool background projections, with lots of video from the UK in the 60's, and scooters with a shitload of mirrors. Cool times, I'm sure. It makes me wish I were in my 70's and had been there.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

Oh man. They played here in Austin a bit ago and I couldn't make it. I think their superbowl show was the only one in my lifetime that didn't make me want to gag.

The only Who show, or the only super bowl show?
    I didn't hate it when they got Prince to do it, simply because it was the only
    time in history that I've known him to showcase his guitar skills in public.
    Every Prince song that made it to the radio has almost no guitar, and is generally shitty.
    As for the Who, the show last night was excellent, although with no songs I didn't already know.
    I guess after 50 years you only have time for the hits in a 3 hour concert....
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

The only superbowl show. THe who is Amazing.

I guess I'd forgotten about the Prince one, but if I recall they made him lip sync. The Who was definitely the real deal.

Page 11 of 205 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links