The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread - Page 149
Close

The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by nic579 Have you looked at lincoln this talk got me to look at my welding shop adds anf they have a 200 ...

Page 149 of 205 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2047
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nic579 View Post
    Have you looked at lincoln this talk got me to look at my welding shop adds anf they have a 200 amp ac/dc unit for $1500.

Got my thermal arc from these guys. Link goes to Lincoln

https://www.bakersgas.com/LINK5126-1...IaArvaEALw_wcB
    My neighbour bought one, but hasn't set it up yet. It looks nice. There is a local outfit that has the Lincoln 210 MP on sale for 1,298 US, but it is rated for up to 3/16 aluminum and that may be borderline for what I need. Certainly can't argue about the price.

If my neighbour gets his argon tank, we could do some test welds to see if it'll do. I don't have any plans to weld anything bigger than 3/16 at the moment, but as mentioned, I hate buying something and finding out I should have gone one model up.

The HTP 221 is within a $100 of a Miller Syncrowave 210 AC/DC up here.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

jcw
    Have you looked at lincoln this talk got me to look at my welding shop adds anf they have a 200 amp ac/dc unit for $1500.
    So, Lincoln and Miller are the two standards when it comes to welding in the US. Hence the terms blue (Miller) and red (Lincoln) I used in my above post. I think Fronius is popular in Europe, I'm not sure.

The machine you are referring to I think is the newish Lincoln Square Wave TIG 200. It's an inverter unlike the older squarewave lincoln transformer welders. I think Lincoln made this in response to all the cheaper import TIG inverter welders. Decent amp range, pulse range, ac freq range, ac balance. It looks like a good basic machine without all the advanced wave functions which most of us don't need.

The advantage of buying Lincoln/Miller in the US is that service and parts are frequently a call away. Try getting a Chinese inverter fixed in a timely manner. If you were a business that relied on their machines, buying welders that have a wide service network is a big deal. A hobbyist welder, not so much. However, if you are not in the US, I don't know if that is the case.

Lincoln Square Wave Tig 200 first impressions

I would have no problem buying this welder.

EDIT- just read your earlier post. I just repeated what you already know about service, etc. My bad.
    EDIT2- now I'm just getting confused who posted the original question, so, take what I say as just generic info from a moron.
    Last edited by jcw; 10-31-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Tig Welders are rated in amps not thickness. Probably good reviews on the Lincoln on weldersweb.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

jcw
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyorg View Post
    My neighbour bought one, but hasn't set it up yet. It looks nice. There is a local outfit that has the Lincoln 210 MP on sale for 1,298 US, but it is rated for up to 3/16 aluminum and that may be borderline for what I need. Certainly can't argue about the price.

If my neighbour gets his argon tank, we could do some test welds to see if it'll do. I don't have any plans to weld anything bigger than 3/16 at the moment, but as mentioned, I hate buying something and finding out I should have gone one model up.

The HTP 221 is within a $100 of a Miller Syncrowave 210 AC/DC up here.
    You can increase aluminum welding capacity a bit using a heliium argon mix. Requires two tanks and regulators, but works well!

MP welders are likely ONLY DC tig. Steel only. (well, Titanium)
    Last edited by jcw; 10-31-2017 at 09:00 AM.

jcw
    Cant beat that they are local to you if any issues occur.
    HTP is made in Italy.
    To be honest, I'm not sure if usaweld offers local repair services or if it has to be sent out...

jcw
    If price weren't an issue and I was buying for a business, I'd get a Miller Dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by jcw View Post
    You can increase aluminum welding capacity a bit using a heliium argon mix. Requires two tanks and regulators, but works well!

MP welders are likely ONLY DC tig. Steel only. (well, Titanium)
    Right you are. When I was reading the description, I was zeroed in on the 3/16 aluminum capability. Was thinking they were referring to TIG, not MIG. Scratch that machine.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Quote Originally Posted by jcw View Post
    If price weren't an issue and I was buying for a business, I'd get a Miller Dynasty.

What do you think of that Syncrowave 210? It's MIG/TIG/Stick. They say it's good for 1/4". Wonder if they BS a bit about capability.... Not cheap, but....
    "Non urinat in ventum"

jcw
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyorg View Post
    What do you think of that Syncrowave 210? It's MIG/TIG/Stick. They say it's good for 1/4". Wonder if they BS a bit about capability.... Not cheap, but....
    It's a step up from the basic Diversion package and between that one and the Dyansty.

A little pricey, but that's Miller for you. Comes with basic setting and features.

I think it's upgradeable with a card that you have to buy separately almost up to dynasty specs, but by then the cost is close to a basic dynasty package.

Again, it's a cost issue for me. I could get the HTP or a chinese one and do the same thing for 1/2, 1/3 the price knowing I'd be up the creek if it fails.

Tig Welders are rated in amps not thickness. Probably good reviews on the Lincoln on weldersweb.
    I get that, but don't you still have to pay attention to what they claim the machine will handle? I found a locally available Lincoln Square Wave TIG 200 for the equivalent of $1435 usd.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Sponsored Links