The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread - Page 150
Close

The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; As far as capacity, check out how much welding with helium and argon does......

Page 150 of 205 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2047
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

jcw
    As far as capacity, check out how much welding with helium and argon does...

Cyorg likes this.

[QUOTE=jcw;583137]As far as capacity, check out how much welding with helium and argon does...

I find it strange that adding a minute amount of inert gas to some inert gas would make a difference.

I guess it's a toss up between the Lincoln Square Wave TIG 200 and the Syncrowave 210. The 210 is about $1,500 more, but comes with a spool gun and you don't need a cart, starts at lower amps ..... anyway, going to head over there and check them out. Who knows what I'll come back with. Red, Blue, or just a pounding headache.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Couldn't justify the blue one. Another $1500 for the gun and not much else with no higher duty cycle. Went Red. Did buy a proper electrode holder for stick. Can't stand those clamp contraptions. Even if I never use it.... makes me feel better. First projects will be a cart, a new lid for my welding table and an exhaust hood with fan.

Name:  TIG1.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  2.25 MB
    Mark Burton, jcw and nic579 like this.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

For much less than $1500 you could purchase a better stand alone mig especially if you were to watch craigslist. I built my tig cart out of an abandoned shopping cart I chopped down and welded back together. I need another cart to make one for my mig, as the welder carts aren't really mobile.

jcw

Quote Originally Posted by nic579 View Post
    For much less than $1500 you could purchase a better stand alone mig especially if you were to watch craigslist.
    True, but I've been using used or cobbled together shit for most of my life. Driving beaters and walking around looking like a homeless person. I paid $500 for my truck 15 years ago and still driving it...... but finally said fuck it and bought a new car for the bride and a new TIG for myself.
    jcw likes this.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

I don't know if the bride can deal with me having nicer furniture in the garage than we have in the house. I picked up some of that bronze rod to play with.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

This is a good idea. I just happen to have an old Snap-on Roller sitting in the some day I'll use it heap.
    https://www.all-a-cart.com/product-p...lding-cart-kit
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Love mine. It could use more attention but it functions.

Attachment 80202
    Cyorg likes this.

that is nice handy work you did there
    fetch the lead mallet.igor, i must precisely place some ...ehem...force
    i use a little bit different setup
    instead of the 2 smallbearings i use plastic v blocks
    some 1/2'' delrin cut a big 90 degree v in them and cut them so the edges are not knife edge but quite narrow
    a couple drops of oil once in a while and the sliding surface is quite friction free and is potentionaly more precise than ball bearings to boot
    i am not saying your lashup is imprecise, just that v blocks are the ultimate in precision for this and i prefer the smooth movement on vees
    Last edited by XB33BSA; 11-02-2017 at 01:48 AM.
    Cyorg likes this.

Sponsored Links