The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread - Page 171
Close

The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm Did a purge of my garage, reorganized a bunch of tuff boxes and put them all on top of my tornado ...

Page 171 of 199 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1988
Like Tree630Likes

Thread: The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    Did a purge of my garage, reorganized a bunch of tuff boxes and put them all on top of my tornado shelter... only almost dropped one once.

I also emptied out a tote of all stuff from when I had my own office and put them on the wall above my cabinets. (I'm a cubicle monkey now that I'm on div. staff)

What the hell is that thing in the foreground? Get that outa there.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyorg View Post
    What the hell is that thing in the foreground? Get that outa there.
    you mean my AWD V8 6speed 4 Door sedan? I'd get rid of it if I found something comparable to it out there today :P

I really just need a detached garage with a lift...
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Nothing wrong with the car. I have a hydraulic press come frame jig bolted to the floor on one side and a bench blocking the doorway on the other side. It gives me an additional excuse for not working on the kids cars. I watched an Audi take on a 440 powered Coronet at the local strip ( actually a local air strip we could use until the people against everything raised a stink). After losing the first round, the 440 guy was quite indignant. He ran home and came back with a set of slicks. He got the next round, but barely ... and it was a quick 440. Don't recall which model Audi, but it was an AWD Coupe.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

The previous owners of my house put in a bolt-down tornado shelter in the garage, right where I'd like to have a couch/workbench/refrigerator. Right now I store parts totes on top of it, have two tire racks mounted to the side, and keep all my Army gear inside it. I suppose I could sell it but I'd feel like a real asshole if I did and a tornado came through.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    I suppose I could sell it but I'd feel like a real asshole if I did and a tornado came through.
    It's crazy not to have the weather safe guard you need for whatever region one lives in. Ice storms and forest fire are the big threats here.

My ass is sitting on top of a fault line that may turn my garage into a channel island. I have a food store, generator, boat and ammo (only for food harvesting). When I leave an engine on the bench, it usually has the engine stand clamped to the bench just in case. Been through a couple of small ones and it is weird how it affects your gyroscope. When the ground starts moving sideways the brain takes a few seconds to sort it out. Wonder how our Alaskan neighbours are making out after the shake this AM.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

7.0 was a big shake. Not much news of damage yet. Hope that's a good sign and not just a sign of lack of communications.

Cleaned up some more trees and shrubs that bowed and broke in the snowstorm Sunday night.

Tidying up the wiring on the RD350 drag bike

The Dunstall GT750 didn't sell so I'm buying lots of shiny new stainless steel bits for the UK and doing some other upgrades to make it more presentable. It had been rebuilt from the ground up by that was a couple of years ago and some parts don't look as nice as I thought they did when I got it together. Ah well. If it needs to be done, it needs to be done.

i made an aluminum frame to mount an led light rope christmas train on the garage roof. woohoo.

i finished up some tidy work on the african twin
    my earth x battery had lost charge and thankfully it has a failsafe mode that shuts it down
    long story short it was a combination of me using the led headlights for some engine off night lighting up at the compound
    and the discovery that the starter motor bolts that hold it all together had come loose causing a huge draw in bat power to get it started
    thankfully i discoverd that, no bat damage ,it shuts down and after a time comes in again albeit i ended up bump starting it to leave the compound
    took lots of hi revs once started and limping along at night with lights before it charged up,smoothed out about 2 miles of 5000rpm 3rd gear plodding along
    went ahead and went thru the starter no damage just cleaned up the armature and i am sure the too much grease i had used in original assembly caused extra resistance as well as the commutater was greasy as fuck
    ok made that secure(the starter tie rod bolts) but was always bothered by the unmanageble slack in the starter chain drive
    so i fabbed up a nylon slipper guide for the slack side run
    not to make the chain have zero slack because i think the starter clutch wants some slack to help kick loose engagement after starting
    it works great still ample slack but not able to clink against the cases in there
    redloctited very secure i made sure of that and spun the engine a few times stator case removed to observe the action
    Name:  starter  tensioner 002.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  2.24 MBName:  starter  tensioner 009.JPG
Views: 89
Size:  2.65 MB
    and here is the obligitory video from last week pulling out my driveway ...
    halfway thru leaving the stopsign accelerating easily up to 85mph
    Last edited by XB33BSA; 12-04-2018 at 07:54 PM.
    CaTacL1sm likes this.

I've killed two Shorai's. No failsafe. Never buying a Shorai LiFePO4 again. My fault for leaving the light on, but fuck. Never had an Earth X shit the bed, so there's confidence in them.

Sponsored Links