The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread - Page 190
Close

The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I'm in a hurry now but can tell that as far as I remember V7s were chosen over HD for CHP due to their easiness ...

Page 190 of 192 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1918
Like Tree677Likes

Thread: The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

I'm in a hurry now but can tell that as far as I remember V7s were chosen over HD for CHP due to their easiness of access for maintenance - Italian cylinders were easier to work on if compared to Harley's.
    The V7 was also fast and rugged for its time.
    It's still fast nowadays, mine is still capable of 160 kilometers per hour despite its age (46) and its mileage (320.000 kilometers or 200.000 miles give or take some).
    Dad always wanted a HD Electra Glide but every time he managed to save enough to buy one, it increased the price. That's why he decided to buy the Guzzi instead, its 38th and last motorcycle

Belly pan stickers:

Rickman sandwich shelf:

jcw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Wonderful, I use my windshield in the same way

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

of course... I notice this today:

The fork drain bolt gasket gave up the ghost...

The bolt is gooned anyways so it's a chance to replace that too.... Now I have to dig up what weight fork oil I used and how much.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

I was out testing my suspension tweaking. Finally got it dialed in, and it was like a switch was turned on.

Name:  '11338791-129Slayer.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  2.13 MB
    CaTacL1sm and jcw like this.
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

Removed many of the most cartoonish stickers from my Bandit.
    Bringing her to the mechanic later this afternoon to adjust the throttle and fitting new front brake pads

One of the pieces for the ejector ejected itself into the swamp long ago. Finally decided to make a new one. Milled down apiece of key stock to the correct thickness and added a dove tail. Making the retaining screw and milling a slot into it was fun. Second photo is the test fit of the dove tailed stock... still needs the pointy bit and has to be shortened to length. Not M/C related but gives me a reason to avoid putting fork seals in the CBX550 forks.

Name:  IMG_0669.JPG
Views: 18
Size:  111.7 KBName:  IMG_0672.JPG
Views: 17
Size:  86.3 KBName:  IMG_0678.JPG
Size:  124.0 KBName:  IMG_0682.JPG
Size:  77.1 KB
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Visited the Lucas factory today.

jcw likes this.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

Today, I'll be finishing work at 11am (in two hours time), nipping into Nottingham for a coffee with the other half then home to service my S1000R as I've just received the OBD connector for it and then I'll be putting the temp fuel tank on the RF900 to see if the fuel pump works as it should.

I pulled the Aprilia out of storage in prep for a track day on Monday. Then pulled the 851 out too, just because. Fooking 851 is spraying itself with gasoline while running. F'ing ethanol in fuel. F'ing hoses that can't stand up to ethanol. F'ing problem child 851 that ALWAYS wants attention. I haven't pulled the tank yet to see what's wrong, I just shoved it into the garage and am letting it think about what it's done wrong... It's a Ducati track day and there will be demo bikes there. Maybe if I threaten it by riding a 959 it'll straighten up and fly right?

Ah, who am I fooling... the 851 would make a perfect stablemate for a 959. It's the Monster that should be worried.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Sponsored Links