The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread - Page 193
Close

The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; New helmet arrived today. As did the air filter so I finished servicing the bike after work ready for Friday evening and the weekend blasting ...

Page 193 of 205 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2047
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

New helmet arrived today. As did the air filter so I finished servicing the bike after work ready for Friday evening and the weekend blasting around the east Midlands before the rain comes. Look at all the gubbins where the rest of my tank should be. No wonder the range is atrocious.

jcw
    changed my first 3 tires (first one a practice tire on old yamaha) on the No Mar I bought used about a year ago.
    Finally got off my ass and installed it into the concrete floor.

I'm typing this without part of my thumbnail as I drip blood on the keyboard. Lol.
    Took me about 1 sec too long to figure out that the mount.demount bar had it's side handle installed on the wrong side. Something as simple as that caused the tool to slip and catch my thumb on the rotor and sliced it pretty good.

Once I flipped over the handle and retightened the set screw, the tire slipped on like a champ. The angle of the tool kept in in the wheel securely and the side handle was out of harms way even if the tool would slip out.

No Mar takes tire changes and provides a locking base and leverage to get the tire on. It's basically not unlike spooning a tire on and the same principles of keeping the tire bead in the drop zone applies. It's not as easy as the videos make it seem (although I didn't heat my tires up). And there is a very particular way to lube the tire and wheel to ease installation.

I now can see why there are a percentage of people that sell the nomar and upgrade to a power machine. However, I am glad I have it.
    Last edited by jcw; 05-23-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcw View Post
    changed my first 3 tires (first one a practice tire on old yamaha) on the No Mar I bought used about a year ago.
    Finally got off my ass and installed it into the concrete floor.

I'm typing this without part of my thumbnail as I drip blood on the keyboard. Lol.
    Took me about 1 sec too long to figure out that the mount.demount bar had it's side handle installed on the wrong side. Something as simple as that caused the tool to slip and catch my thumb on the rotor and sliced it pretty good.

Once I flipped over the handle and retightened the set screw, the tire slipped on like a champ. The angle of the tool kept in in the wheel securely and the side handle was out of harms way even if the tool would slip out.

No Mar takes tire changes and provides a locking base and leverage to get the tire on. It's basically not unlike spooning a tire on and the same principles of keeping the tire bead in the drop zone applies. It's not as easy as the videos make it seem (although I didn't heat my tires up). And there is a very particular way to lube the tire and wheel to ease installation.

I now can see why there are a percentage of people that sell the nomar and upgrade to a power machine. However, I am glad I have it.
    I pinched a tube using spoons the other day, which I haven't done in years. I'm thinking it was because my hands not as strong as they used too be and the spoons tend to move around more as I reposition. So I need to find an easier way. The nearest bike shop is 3 hours round trip, if I change 3 pairs a year it wouldn't take long to cover the cost of a manual machine. It's generally more than that as I never seem to buy anything with decent tires.

I don't know anyone with their own machine so I'm glad you posted this. Which model is yours?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

New brake pads fitted. Went out half day braking hard with the front in order to check if all in order. It is.
    New, fatter handlebar grips fitted. Holding the left one is a little bit less painful now.
    Most cartoonish stickers removed. Suzuki look more serious now but Rizla+ and South Park stickers stay there.
    Checked if the new bellypan fit and it does, but it will need a bit of work to adjust it perfectly. Will do in the next weeks.
    Dealing with a seller to buy his red, more modern looking mirrors.
    Ready for the weekend. It rains.

jcw
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    I pinched a tube using spoons the other day, which I haven't done in years. I'm thinking it was because my hands not as strong as they used too be and the spoons tend to move around more as I reposition. So I need to find an easier way. The nearest bike shop is 3 hours round trip, if I change 3 pairs a year it wouldn't take long to cover the cost of a manual machine. It's generally more than that as I never seem to buy anything with decent tires.

I don't know anyone with their own machine so I'm glad you posted this. Which model is yours?
    It looks like this model

https://www.nomartirechanger.com/Cla...tc-classic.htm

They will show up time to time on the wera forum on other motorcycle sites. I think there is one on there now.

They redesigned the top arm as the pinch bolts are poorly designed and have snapped off on mine.

The unit flexes a good deal putting on the cold tires, but held fine.

The yellow thing bead keeper is great to have, the posi clamps help if you have a stiff sidewall oversized tire on smaller rim.

shipping to canada including duty and brokerage is $275. ouch.

jcw

good cold tire example

all the pushing, shoving and groaning he does is real. it can be a workout but beats spoons.
    10:05 and 11:10 was hard for me he made it look easy.
    Last edited by jcw; 05-24-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Clutch push rod seal started leaking (a lot... suddenly). I have the seal, but am waiting on a new gasket.

One oil spill later:

Damn...

Here's the question: even though they're perfectly fine, should I replace the shifter and sprocket seals as well? I have them on hand so it's easy to do now.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by jcw View Post
    [video=youtube;XdY7jMZ-Upw]

good cold tire example

all the pushing, shoving and groaning he does is real. it can be a workout but beats spoons.
    10:05 and 11:10 was hard for me he made it look easy.
    Whatever came next beat spoons.

How's your motor?

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    Here's the question: even though they're perfectly fine, should I replace the shifter and sprocket seals as well? I have them on hand so it's easy to do now.
    Old bikes, old seals. They all look good until they blow and that blows.

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    Old bikes, old seals. They all look good until they blow and that blows.
    True. I just need the gasket to arrive. I'll swing by the machine shop tomorrow to use the press.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Sponsored Links