"Ran When Parked"
Close

"Ran When Parked"

This is a discussion on "Ran When Parked" within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; How many times have I heard that? Now it is my turn to say it. I have this little V Star that sits in a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 8ball
  • 1 Post By 8ball

Thread: "Ran When Parked"

"Ran When Parked"

How many times have I heard that? Now it is my turn to say it. I have this little V Star that sits in a corner of the garage. I never intend for it to sit, but it does. I think it has gotten a whole 30 miles in the last 2 years. Now that I am recovering from a broken kneecap, I can't ride the R6 or the GS550....because I only have 95 degrees movement in my knee and they both have rearsets. So I figured I's get the V Star running again. Aside from the mess that 2 year old gas made of the carbs, I als has to rebuilde the side stand switch and sort out the driving lamps both of which weren't working because of some oxidized contacts.

It's running fine, now.....
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    kerosene likes this.
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

Isn't it funny how just going through the carbs makes the thing run like new. My 350X hasn't run in 5 years with everything stuck. Cleaned the carbs, one up on the pilot, new plug, oil and walaa...........2 kicks.

Nice!.
    Stick with your PT and gain back your movement.
    \"Smok\'in the competition NOT Tobacco\"
    \"Transplant organs, Don\'t bury them!\"

USCRA #944
    WVRC #44
    www.wvrclub.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 44dwarf View Post
    Nice!.
    Stick with your PT and gain back your movement.
    Thanks. PT, finally, starts on Wednesday. It has been 2 1/2 months since I broke my knee, and 2 months since the surgery! I am finally out of the brace and ready to start therapy.

.....I am thinking I may just ride to the therapist. We can gauge progress by which bike I can actually ride to the session.

Stage 1. V-Star
    Stage 2. XR400 (This might be a later stage since it is a kick start, but the kicker is on my good side)
    Stage 3. GS550 (Mild rear set location)
    Stage 4. R6 (Aggressive rear set location)
    thechief86 likes this.

.... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

Screw it, I give up. I am gonna go with the flow. I've decided that this is going to be the base for my next bad ass cafe bike......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My GS550 Build Thread

The year I did PT for my sheared tibia and 95% tear in the MCL the only time I rode my Ducati was to PT...I did manage to keep racing at the time but mostly cause at the time I didn't know how much damage a pit road 10mph T bone had done to my knee.
    \"Smok\'in the competition NOT Tobacco\"
    \"Transplant organs, Don\'t bury them!\"

USCRA #944
    WVRC #44
    www.wvrclub.com

Sponsored Links