Who's going to Bonneville Speed Week? - Page 2
Close

Who's going to Bonneville Speed Week?

This is a discussion on Who's going to Bonneville Speed Week? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I will be out there for Speed Week to watch, but will run the test and tune, and WOS....

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Who's going to Bonneville Speed Week?

I will be out there for Speed Week to watch, but will run the test and tune, and WOS.

Last edited by Makr; 06-19-2015 at 05:49 AM.
    Hoofhearted likes this.
    I make my own rules.

Today I started my 2015 venture to B'ville by helping assemble the paint booth in the new shop so we can paint the S-10 Xtreme. I got the low down on why Rabitt gets to make the first run in it. Though Rabitt has like 17 world records, he is not a member of the 200mph club. So he is helping build the truck and will do the new car shake down runs while Bob and I are breaking our record in the Metro. The record for the truck is 219.+. Bob will gear it for 225 so Rabitt can get in the 200mph club. Then he will gear it for the big record. The truck is basically the same drivetrain as the Metro, 372ci, twin 1160's.
    We are at 265+ with the single 850 Demon carb. I'm expecting some good numbers with this set up. Both being set up by Wayne Jesel of Jesel Valve Trains.
    Rabitt will have to break the existing record as wells exceed 200mph in order to get in the club now. Just doing 200 won't get you in anymore. I'll be pulling both cars in the trailer with Bob. Pray for good weather.
    Hoofhearted and Mark Burton like this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

You gonna get a turn behind the wheel?
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    You gonna get a turn behind the wheel?
    I wish. Rabitt gets the opportunity I would want but I'm sure it is costing him $1000's in free work. Plus he has the 17 other world records that qualifies him a bit more than me.
    I'm sure I'll rack up a bunch more miles in the car, all of it being pushed to and from the pits before and after a run. I actually have more mileage in the car than Bob. He only runs the fun 6 miles at a time. I found out the Metro does not have the 2-4bbl set up from Jesel, but a larger 4bbl and trick manifold pumping out an extra 35hp. Our record is at 265.618, we are looking at 275mph as a realistic goal this event with the motor and other changes to the car. Bob's been offered a fair amount for the rolling chase/body. So he may do what he can with this set up then sell it, keeping the drivetrain for another project. The 2-4bbl engine will be a 372ci with twin 1160cfm's Dodge in the Chevy Xtreme.
    Last edited by o1marc; 07-05-2015 at 07:25 PM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

I was just checking the class records at Ohio and didn't realize just how badass our car really is. The classes are divided by engine size. AA is 501ci +, A is 440-500ci, B is 373-439, C is 306-372ci, D is 261-305, etc. Our "C" class car has the record for "Fuel" and "Gas" and also is faster than the "B" gas record by 32.1978mph, and the "A" gas record by 19.9325mph. Also beat the "B" fuel record by 33.7721mph, the "A" fuel record by 76.9746mph, and the "AA" fuel record by 39.8269mph. And now we're bring more to the table but still only putting 367ci to fight with. I think we will beat the truck record by a bunch from the 219.396mph it sits at. I believe Rabitt will set and hold the record for only a few runs before Bob puts the big gear in it.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Funny how a "small" engine can be so much faster than a bigger engine, I understand you can, unlike the SCTA, run a small engine in a bigger class, And change classes on the same weekend. You guys could own the the comp coupe sedan records if you wanted to . My 650 pushrod fuel sidecar record is only .507 mph slower than the 1000cc pushrod fuel sidecar record. And just on 30 mph faster than the 750 record. Which doesn't say a lot for the 750 record.

Both my NASCAR Championships were won with smaller motors than my competitors. At Bonneville you have to register for each class you run @$450ea. So it can get pricey to run for many classes in a weekend. I think that is why Bob holds the fuel record at Ohio also, his gas record would beat the fuel record so the second time we went instead of trying to break our own record he would set the fuel record. Both records are at 219.+++.
    At Ohio, if I ever get mine running, I will enter in the fuel class because that record is 8mph slower than the gas record. If I can take both after the first run, money will be no object in taking more records home while you have the chance. In the 4 classes my bike can fit in there are 4 different records. I think one of the record holders could hold all 4 if he wanted to.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

If I don't break anything I plan on changing class at SpeedWeek. I'm entered in gas and if all goes well I'll run fuel. Be nice to be able to run in the 750 class but I can't. The four classes are all slower than my 650 record. Maybe its a good thing. I'd be broke in no time.

Come look me up. You know what the Metro looks like and there will be a matching Chevy Xtreme P/U next to it.
    What class are you running?
    Last edited by o1marc; 07-06-2015 at 11:21 PM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I'll be running 650 SC/PBG (pushrod blown gas). I'll look you and the Metro up.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links