Who's going to Bonneville Speed Week? - Page 9
Close

Who's going to Bonneville Speed Week?

This is a discussion on Who's going to Bonneville Speed Week? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I just saw that Mike Cook's delayed "shootout" was cancelled today. Nothing on the salt this year. Sucks big time....

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Who's going to Bonneville Speed Week?

I just saw that Mike Cook's delayed "shootout" was cancelled today. Nothing on the salt this year. Sucks big time.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    I just saw that Mike Cook's delayed "shootout" was cancelled today. Nothing on the salt this year. Sucks big time.
    I was wondering if he would get his show off or not. Big Red will never see the numbers they are seeking on the salt. Nor will the Stupidbaker.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Rotten that nothing happened on the salt this year. I think that visit to the salt was Big Red's first visit. Many years ago I was told that my first visit to the salt would be a case of me throwing my dick on the salt and stamping all over it. In reality my first visit resulted in a record. Since lost. Its hard to say if they will hit the numbers they want. It is a team of cubic dollars so I'd be reluctant to write them off just yet. One thing they need to do though is build a 5 mile engine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    Rotten that nothing happened on the salt this year. I think that visit to the salt was Big Red's first visit. Many years ago I was told that my first visit to the salt would be a case of me throwing my dick on the salt and stamping all over it. In reality my first visit resulted in a record. Since lost. Its hard to say if they will hit the numbers they want. It is a team of cubic dollars so I'd be reluctant to write them off just yet. One thing they need to do though is build a 5 mile engine.
    If there is one thing I have learned is it doesn't matter how many cubic dollars you throw at it if you don't have the knowledge to put it to use. The Stupidbaker is a prime example. We built the Metro in 2.5 months for less then $30k and came home with a record on the first outing. The guy who owns the Stupidbaker called Bob and told him they had a $1.5 million in the car they had been working on for 2 years and they were going to take our record, which stood for 14 years before we beat it 3 times. When they finally hit the salt they spun the car and tore it up and never got any faster than we were at the 3 mile marker. I betting they will never take our record.
    So this weekend plans have changed considerably and it will be just me and Bob at Ohio with the new S-10.
    Hoofhearted likes this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Having cubic dollars help. But not as much as knowledge. Burt Munro is a good example of cubic pennies and a good knowledge of what he was doing. They aren't fools and I have a feeling they will eventually figure it out. But with the state of the salt it may be a few years before we find out. My wife said a couple of days ago that she is glad we went when we did. $1.5 million in the Stupidbaker? Really?? Damn!!!! I went to their site to have a look as I really haven't paid enough attention to them. Very interesting wind tunnel. Has your coupe ever been in a wind tunnel?

The best of luck this weekend at Ohio. Love to hear how it goes and what the place is like.

No wind tunnel. The interesting story was when someone asked Bob how he designed the front nose of the car. He said he glued 3 large pieces of styrofoam together, drew the outline of the firewall on one end and then got out his chain saw and cut off everything that looked like it wouldn't go 300mph.
    Last edited by o1marc; 09-23-2015 at 06:37 PM.
    Hoofhearted likes this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Marc,

just found out I am going to miss the ECTA for this weekend due to work travel. It's a real bummer.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Marc,

just found out I am going to miss the ECTA for this weekend due to work travel. It's a real bummer.
    Shit, just sent you a PM to see if you were going. Any members that want to introduce themselves, I'll be with the number 680 Yellow and White S-10. I'll be the one with the goatee and long mustache that I quit shaving until we get the record this weekend.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I'll be at the Ohio mile this weekend running my 250. Should be good if the weather cooperates

Damn!!! "If the weather cooperates". I'm getting really sick of hearing those words. At least a runway won't turn to mud or shit if it rains. I hope it doesn't and everyone gets to run. Good Luck Racer X.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Sponsored Links