Recommended motorcycle shippers? - Page 2
Close

Recommended motorcycle shippers?

This is a discussion on Recommended motorcycle shippers? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm you wouldn't happen to be passing through KC would you? No solid plans on moving bikes at this point. Need to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Recommended motorcycle shippers?

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    you wouldn't happen to be passing through KC would you?
    No solid plans on moving bikes at this point. Need to see what happens with the probate mess in Ca. first. KC is a bit north out of the way though.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

So it looks as though I am going to secure the Triumph and the Norton/Kawasaki at the least and am pushing to get the 69 CB750 and the 75 Dodge Van to bring them back home in. It'll be in the fall before I can get them (Sept.-Nov.) The Triumph I will put back together to keep and ride in memory of my brother. The Kawaton I will restore, ride and then sell eventually to the highest bidder. I need to start looking for a top end for the triumph. Any Tiger or Bonne top end will work, correct?

All the rest of his property will be sold at an Estate sale. Not the way I would go, but I'm not making the decisions. I see a lot of good deals to be had for some lucky bidders. Anyone ever dealt with an estate sale? I have only visions of buyers getting super deals and the estate not really making much more than pennies on the dollar in favor of a quick liquidation. As an example, my brother bought the Kawaton at a friends estate sale after he was killed on his Duc making a U-turn on Mulholland and got hit by a car. My brother paid $500 for the Kawaton at the estate sale. Who here would give $500 for it? I'm sure the new pipes on it cost more than that.
    Last edited by o1marc; 07-20-2015 at 11:11 AM.
    Lpst likes this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Just got an email from my brother "FYI, I found the box with the top end to the Triumph." That saves me about $500. Not to mention everything should be there to put it back together. The exhaust is still MIA, but they are not too terribly expensive to replace although I will prefer to have the stock mufflers on it unless I go with a 2 into 1 side pipe with a Supertrapp like I have now.
    I'm hard pressed to decide whether I like the traditional dual low side pipes better or this side pipe version. I'm looking at a good set of stock used mufflers for $16.50 and stock used side pipes for $16.50 with a combined shipping of $28 on Ebay
    Last edited by o1marc; 07-20-2015 at 11:39 PM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I wish I could be at that estate sale.

as an aside, I used U-Ship to move my Z1. It went really smoothly and my transporter (Truck It Transport) was really good and easy to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Alright, my Mom is fighting me every inch of the way, doesn't think I can afford to get these bikes. It would have cost me about $1000 for tires on the van, a battery, airfare, and gas back to Ga.. I just talked to my sister who said she would take them both to her house in Palm Springs and then put them on the next horse trailer heading my way for nothing. She trains Polo horses for one of the richest guys in the country. Her help will make me not have to come out of pocket for anything. I just won't be able to get them till after Nov.. I can wait, as long as I get them.
    Lpst likes this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I've been doing this a LONG TIME. Over 40 bikes shipped in about as many years.

J.C.Motors

Keyboard Motorcycle Shippers

Between those two, you can't go wrong.

I have used others, won't even mention them. DO NOT use U-Ship unless it's for a basket case rolling project.
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

Quote Originally Posted by grandpaul View Post

J.C.Motors

I have used others, won't even mention them. DO NOT use U-Ship unless it's for a basket case rolling project.
    a little late on the advice there.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

And as it turns out it's a 1970 Tiger not a 69.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Quote Originally Posted by grandpaul View Post

J.C.Motors

I just don't get this. Keyboard will pick the bike up in L.A. and truck 2000 miles to me, but they won't pick it up in Palmdale, WTF. Plus they want $700 each which is a major deal breaker. I can drive out in my own truck and bring em back for less than half that.
    J.C. Motors wanted $744. each or $50 off for both. But they won't take them on my castered pallets.
    Too much money for both.
    Last edited by o1marc; 07-22-2015 at 10:14 AM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I've had both of those shippers back up to my garage in podunk (Laredo, TX) and haul them to at least a dozen states (also had them both haul in from a dozen states).

They do all the loading, no crate or pallet needed, bike just needs to be a roller (can even have 2 flat tires). You also do NOT need to drain any fluids.

I do realize this post is too late for the original poster, but this thread is still a good reference for others.
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links