Recommended motorcycle shippers?
Close

This is a discussion on Recommended motorcycle shippers? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I'm going to be shipping a bike from Kansas City MO, to Louisville KY in the next month or so and was wondering if anyone ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Recommended motorcycle shippers?

I'm going to be shipping a bike from Kansas City MO, to Louisville KY in the next month or so and was wondering if anyone has any recommended companies to use. I've never shipped a bike before, but figure its similar to shipping a car (U-Ship for instance).

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

WTF is happening. I left a reply 2 hrs ago and I come back and it's gone.
    Give us some details when you find out. I have 2 bikes I may need shipped from Ca. to Ga.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

I've only use Forwardair but I live near a terminal. I looked into Uship for the CB450 track bike and it went nicely except I didn't win the bike. We kinda made arrangements if I won. He wanted $850 to get it from Canada to S.D.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

We used to ship bikes from Ca. to museums all over the U.S. Using this company Motorcycle Shipping Costs Instant Quote by AA Motorcycle Transport, a bit higher price but he'll work with you(if it's still the same guy) and you can track your bike.
    -Will

Quote Originally Posted by Lpst View Post
    We used to ship bikes from Ca. to museums all over the U.S. Using this company Motorcycle Shipping Costs Instant Quote by AA Motorcycle Transport, a bit higher price but he'll work with you(if it's still the same guy) and you can track your bike.
    I just sent them a quote request for the Triumph and the Kawaton. I'll post the rates from them from Ca. to Ga.
    Lpst likes this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lpst View Post
    hmmm he's at $580 for kansas city to louisville, which is about 100 higher than U-ship quotes. But if you're using him to move museum quality bikes, he must be worth it.
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    hmmm he's at $580 for kansas city to louisville, which is about 100 higher than U-ship quotes. But if you're using him to move museum quality bikes, he must be worth it.
    The guy that they sent for us had an enclosed trailer made with channels and tie downs inside of it and he could haul up to 20 bikes but he said he rarely has more than a few. When he showed up he opened up the trailer and got everything ready, then pulled out a clip pad and an inspection sheet and he went over the bike with us and marked everything down if anything and we both signed it. After tie down he covered our bikes with a foam sheet and a moving blanket. When it was delivered he did the same thing in reverse. It may be a different guy as they have a few but I had a good experience.
    -Will

2 bikes from Ca. to Ga. run $700 each. What I would like to do is register my brothers van here in Ga. and then fly out there put tires on the van, load the 2 bikes in and drive back. Airfare around $250, fuel back to Ga. around $300. 2 bikes and a van delivered for $550, a savings of more than $900.
    Lpst likes this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    2 bikes from Ca. to Ga. run $700 each. What I would like to do is register my brothers van here in Ga. and then fly out there put tires on the van, load the 2 bikes in and drive back. Airfare around $250, fuel back to Ga. around $300. 2 bikes and a van delivered for $550, a savings of more than $900.
    You bet, save money, and ensure your bikes are safe.
    -Will

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    you wouldn't happen to be passing through KC would you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links