Stupid People With More Money Than Sense
Close

This is a discussion on Stupid People With More Money Than Sense within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So I'm watching Restoration Garage and they are restoring a guys bought new 91 Camaro. They acid dip it and then find that the rust ...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Stupid People With More Money Than Sense

So I'm watching Restoration Garage and they are restoring a guys bought new 91 Camaro. They acid dip it and then find that the rust is extensive and to make it right would be $40k in metal work. First thought through my mind is find a Calif. donor body for cheap and swap it out, no brainer. The shop owner suggests this and tells him they found a $2500 Firebird that would work perfect. But the owner is one of those fanatics that would know the body is a Firechicken with his Camaro parts so he nix's the idea. After taking rusted parts off they decide to tell the owner that the donor really is the only option and talk him into it. I guess because I've worked so hard for what little money I have that I just down on people who throw money at things just for the sake of throwing money at it. Seen so many millionaires not realize how stupid foolish they are till it's all gone and they realize how dumb they were.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

sounds like an article I read years ago about a guy in England (over) restoring a 650 BSA. He had the tank [ainted three times because he didn't like the shade of red. And paid $75 for plug caps only to find out they are the same as used on the Austin Mini and they can be had for $5. Plus a number of other money wasting things. Never quite understood that kind of mentality.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

i told a guy two years ago that his st4s had run the big ends, and, as such, wasn't worth fixing for what it costs and what i high km st4s is worth. so he took it away. then he bought the engine in early this year for me to rebuild it. i told him again it wasn't worth it, but he wanted to. so i did it, and rang him and told him it was done and how much it was, and he made some smart arse comments about how it cost more than the bike was worth. yep, just like i told him two years ago.

you keep having the same conversations with new people, but they always think they know better.
    Hoofhearted likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    sounds like an article I read years ago about a guy in England (over) restoring a 650 BSA. He had the tank [ainted three times because he didn't like the shade of red. And paid $75 for plug caps only to find out they are the same as used on the Austin Mini and they can be had for $5. Plus a number of other money wasting things. Never quite understood that kind of mentality.
    I can understand the color thing because it's always right in your face. Spend unobtainium money on something that isn't even see, ever, is baffling to me.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

wait, whaa..... a '91 Camaro?

40k on a 91 camaro? I understand work is work and what it's on is nearly irrelevant but that gentleman must have a deep love affair with his
    Chevy.

BTW I have way more sense than $$

Quote Originally Posted by brad black View Post
    i told a guy two years ago that his st4s had run the big ends, and, as such, wasn't worth fixing for what it costs and what i high km st4s is worth. so he took it away. then he bought the engine in early this year for me to rebuild it. i told him again it wasn't worth it, but he wanted to. so i did it, and rang him and told him it was done and how much it was, and he made some smart arse comments about how it cost more than the bike was worth. yep, just like i told him two years ago.

you keep having the same conversations with new people, but they always think they know better.
    I've been there and done that with a few dumb customers. I phone and tell them exactly what I'm doing, and get the ok to go ahead with buying the parts, and completing the job. With the exact estimates of cost, too. Then they complain about the final bill. Obviously deaf, can't add up, and stupid.

Its good for a laugh. BTW, I always get paid in full, for anything that leaves my clutches. I say if they don't like it, take me to court, while you are paying daily storage costs for the motorcycle. Not one has. I've kept plenty of half paid for bikes, permanently. Dozens. It is fun throwing idiots out of the workshop, with all their threats and BS. Never see them again, and that's great.

Danger, is my business."

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post
    I've been there and done that with a few dumb customers. I phone and tell them exactly what I'm doing, and get the ok to go ahead with buying the parts, and completing the job. With the exact estimates of cost, too. Then they complain about the final bill. Obviously deaf, can't add up, and stupid.

Its good for a laugh. BTW, I always get paid in full, for anything that leaves my clutches. I say if they don't like it, take me to court, while you are paying daily storage costs for the motorcycle. Not one has. I've kept plenty of half paid for bikes, permanently. Dozens. It is fun throwing idiots out of the workshop, with all their threats and BS. Never see them again, and that's great.

Yep - proof that I actually have at least one motorcycle.

How about you?....again??

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links