Favorite "New" bike & Favorite "Old" bike
Close

This is a discussion on Favorite "New" bike & Favorite "Old" bike within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; While reading through the archives, I've come to realize that my only basis for liking a motorcycle is how it looks... This obviously isn't as ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Favorite "New" bike & Favorite "Old" bike

While reading through the archives, I've come to realize that my only basis for liking a motorcycle is how it looks... This obviously isn't as it should be. I'm learning that you guys factor in many variables when deciding whether a bike is to your taste. So... For the sake of learning purposes... I was hoping you guys could tell me:
    1) what is your favorite modern bike ( made in the last 10-15 years)
    2) what is your favorite older/vintage bike
    3) why? Power? Speed? Looks? Sentimentality?

thanks
    "She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness." ~Oscar Wilde

1: SV650's, because they are very good sports bikes, for the price. Also, KLR650's, 2009+ers, for a daily dirty driver and workhorse.

2: SR500E. Because they are so enjoyable to ride on the road at near legal speeds.

3: Dunno, I just like honest bikes that make me feel good riding them.

Danger, is my business."
    Last edited by Witworth; 07-15-2015 at 08:59 PM.

1-2004/5 ZX10R
    Epic performance. Last analog superbikes.

2-CB450 maybe CB400F
    Just the right size
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

1. Triumph -they have been my favorite road bike for some time now.

2. 1973/4 Ducati 350 Desmo -fell in love with the one I restored for a client in san luis Obispo

3. I like a bike that is fun to ride, performs well, and is worth tuning and upgrading. I don't really "modify" anything I just upgrade parts and tune as needed for usability and performance. why modify so many years of R&D that went into a bike if it isn't needed?
    -Will

1) 2015 Kawasaki H2R, why? 300hp, need I say more?
    2) I'm partial to late 60's-early70's Triumph 650&500, classic, vintage, just love the looks and sounds of them. Hoping to have another in my stable soon.

Caged, right now with little to no experience riding, all you have to fall back on is looks. That's perfectly fine for now as long as you have a bike that is more than just looks. You have that. As you gain experience and knowledge on everything motorcycles, that I feel you are actively seeking, unlike most girls, you will know what bikes fit what you want to do with it.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lpst View Post
    1. Triumph -they have been my favorite road bike for some time now.

2. 1973/4 Ducati 350 Desmo -fell in love with the one I restored for a client in san luis Obispo

3. I like a bike that is fun to ride, performs well, and is worth tuning and upgrading. I don't really "modify" anything I just upgrade parts and tune as needed for usability and performance. why modify so many years of R&D that went into a bike if it isn't needed?
    Sometimes more than what the factory offered is needed. The factory built them for the masses, not the individuals.
    Lpst likes this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

!) ducati 848

2) airheads R75 to R100

3) when you are owning old bikes reliability and ease of maintenance is important.
    Internet arguments are like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded

OP, it might sound corny, but bikes from before about nineteen eighty, allow you to have a relationship with them. Some later models just eat tires and gas, and have all the soul of a freezer. You get involved with old motorcycles.

Danger, is my business."

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post
    OP, it might sound corny, but bikes from before about nineteen eighty, allow you to have a relationship with them. Some later models just eat tires and gas, and have all the soul of a freezer. You get involved with old motorcycles.

Danger, is my business."
    I might agree with this on several brands...I can say I get the same "relationship" feel from my 2007 guzzi that have ever had with an old bike.

To play along...rode a 2015 1100 MG Griso and didn't want the ride to ever end

old bike...any of the 250 to 400 Yamaha 2 strokes.

just a blast to work on and ride. Simple yet tune able.

The main thing is to avoid cruisers; They are the Schwinn Sting Ray of motorcycles. SV 650's are great from beginner to track day. In vintage I like RD350's… they are simple, light, quick and easy to find parts for.

Jim B

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links