What I learned today... - Page 2
Close

What I learned today...

This is a discussion on What I learned today... within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Never used to flash people but I was having so many peop 'll e pull out on me I started. It has stopped some and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What I learned today...

Never used to flash people but I was having so many peop 'll e pull out on me I started. It has stopped some and I am prepaid for the ones that still pull out. I have to admit I live in the worst area for rider safety that I have ever ever experienced. Car bike incidents are common, I pick my routes to avoid the death zones as much as possible

I'm starting to think that a GoPro or a reasonable facsimile will be standard equipment on my M/C. The local drivers don't seem to be able to grasp the meaning of a stop sign. It's unbelievable how many cars pull out in front of you. Totally takes the fun out of riding. I even sent an e-mail to the local constabulary and asked if I sent them a video, would they use it to issue a ticket. They claimed that they would. It would nice to have the ability to do that for the dicks that pull out, almost kill you, and roar off like nothing happened, although...I would get more satisfaction out of using a bat instead of the camera. I won't even take my bike into the neighbourhood northwest of me. It's 90% recent arrivals that don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of driving period.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer_John View Post
    I may never use it, but I'll find a place to stow it on either bike...just in case I fall in with a bunch of BMW riders...
    ...or Can-Am Spyder riders. I never get on a bike without it.

Last edited by Tanshanomi; 07-27-2015 at 12:44 PM.
    bmartin likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Years ago the WI DMV wanted to show the dangers in drinking and riding. So they gathered up a variety, about 10 -15, riders of various experience levels ranging from rank beginners up to expert licensed roadracers. My friend fell into the last category. They took them to the MSF course and used the little msf bikes. They videoed all of this and you could watch the general degradation of performance to the point that people were falling over and crashing the little bikes. My friend was still able to pass the driving test when he said he was so hammered he would not have even considered riding a bike. So the point is that the basic MSF test is so easy that a drunk expert can still pass it.

Ken
    TrialsRider and Lpst like this.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

most bikes on a side stand are left leaning so it's logical to mount from the lower side...
    78' SR500
    64' YG1S
    15' XT250

Quote Originally Posted by kenessex View Post
    So the point is that the basic MSF test is so easy that a drunk expert can still pass it.
    That doesn't really surprise me. In my college days we used to do a lot of drinking and riding bicycles late at night. I am a bit amazed at what we did in the state we were in. A friend of mine told me that in his younger days he used to ride his CBX to parties, drink way too much, and then ride home. He only got caught out by it once. He was so drunk he pulled up to a red light and fell over when he forgot to put his feet down. I can honestly say I've never ridden a motorycle drunk. I never have the first drink when on a bike so I never have to decide if I've had too much...
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

I don't drink much but when I do - I make it a point to stay home... I have a two bottle rule when it comes to riding - any more than that and I begin to ride way too stupid...
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

I've driven my lawn tractor on a hot day after a few beers and can't drive it straight enough to get neat stripes. Also ridden out on the horses and stopped at a pub for a cold beer, which was so nice I had another pint. Fell off on the way home after the horse spooked at something in the hedgerow.

But then, I've fox hunted on horseback with whisky or brandy in my flask and was absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kenessex View Post
    Years ago the WI DMV wanted to show the dangers in drinking and riding. So they gathered up a variety, about 10 -15, riders of various experience levels ranging from rank beginners up to expert licensed roadracers. My friend fell into the last category. They took them to the MSF course and used the little msf bikes. They videoed all of this and you could watch the general degradation of performance to the point that people were falling over and crashing the little bikes. My friend was still able to pass the driving test when he said he was so hammered he would not have even considered riding a bike. So the point is that the basic MSF test is so easy that a drunk expert can still pass it.

Ken

We tried that experiment 40 years ago with beer and motocrossers
    :I indeed they don't mix, first your performance goes for a shit and then after a few more beers you just don't care if you crash or shit yourself.

Alcohol is evil.

… so glad we decided not to do that experiment with the beer and chainsaws.
    Mark Burton likes this.

I think it should be mandatory for a car license applicant to have ridden a bike for a least a year before being allowed to drive a car.
    Another point I'd like to make is that there are millions of people on the roads of the world that shouldn't even be allowed to drive or ride a motorized vehicle.
    Lpst likes this.
    "Paint it Black until they invent something darker"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links