A Bike for Sasquatch. - Page 5
Close

A Bike for Sasquatch.

This is a discussion on A Bike for Sasquatch. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; "Sporting" wings can be built....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A Bike for Sasquatch.

"Sporting" wings can be built. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  138.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kenessex View Post
    I just took a quick spin through the NH craigslist and I see plenty of choices there for under $1000. I am going to go contrary to most on here and say go ahead and get something that either needs considerable work or doesn't run and needs a "carb clean". Here is why: based on what you have posted about your abilities and your experience and willingness to work on junk, i.e. building 4x4 Jeeps, I don't think a project bike will scare you off and get you to quit. Plus, you currently have a bike that you can ride so you don't need to get the new one finished on any time table. So, I searched for bikes between $400 and $1000. There is a GS750EZ, the GS1000 already posted, a VF700F, a VF750F, A basket case ironhead sportster (I want that one, $600), 2 GL1000 Goldwings, GSXR 750 and a couple of 600s that are probably too small. If I was 6'5" with long legs, I'd get the Goldwing that is running and strip all the junk off it and have really cool naked wing.

Ken
    I'm with ken on this one.... being as big as you are , A naked wing would be ideal..
    Last edited by Tonnystark; 09-13-2015 at 03:52 PM.
    78' SR500
    64' YG1S
    15' XT250

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer_John View Post
    Yes, yes they can. But THAT ain't in any kind of budget we're discussing here! That's north of a $10K build right there...
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer_John View Post
    Ya, but only one has. And as mentioned it wasn't cheap.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

So I checked out HondA GOLDWING 1100.

wow. comfy, sure. That fairing sucked. And the bike did not run. He sat there holding the starter button for over 2m and it still didn't fire. Blamed it on the rain. That engine sounded like a half dollar in a coffee can. Told me he had the carbs tuned, oil change, new plugs, and brake job. Well, the brake pedal stuck on; so he had a brake job done but the brakes didn't work afterwards. Iunno, all sorts of flags came up on that thing. That engine had it though. When it did finally start, he drove around the cul-de-sac with it and it kept dying on him. I totally understand that buying a cheapo bike like that is going to have its issues, but I'm going to hold off and spend a little more on a bike that has a motor that doesn't sound like a cowbell.

But the Goldwing definitely fits me well. They hit the top of my list for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ball View Post
    Yes, yes they can. But THAT ain't in any kind of budget we're discussing here! That's north of a $10K build right there...
    Oh, I realize that. But why aspire to anything but the best result? Using this forum's basic edict of function over form, make it run well, turn well and stop well. Then maybe make it pretty. Randakk's super wing is probably the best and most documented project to study.

Just keep in mind anything 'Wing much after 1984 will require more fabrication (1984 was the last year you could purchase a naked wing)

go to NGW Club and check out what naked wing guys are doing. It can range from basic performance type upgrades to crazy supercharged usd forks to monoshock stuff.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links