what a race, what a championship season
Close

This is a discussion on what a race, what a championship season within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; yes, i know predrosa won. but the doctor stole the day. he is simply incredible. -parks61...

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: what a race, what a championship season

yes, i know predrosa won. but the doctor stole the day. he is simply incredible.
    Name:  rossi in the rain.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  121.5 KB
    -parks61

It was a great race. I saw some photos of their front tires after the race. Pedrosa managed his the best. 1-2-3 the tire deterioration was in that order. I'm an unashamed Rossi fan so I was delighted to see him ahead of Lorenzo. I can only figure Lorenzo went out too fast on a drying track and killed his tire. Looking forward to the final few races.
    racer61 likes this.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

jcw
    Great race.

Do you think with Rossi's experience he went out with a lap time in mind that he knew wouldn't destroy the tires?
    Or was Lorenzo simply faster.

If it was f1, they would have definitely controlled the pace to conserve tires. But in motogp, its all up to the rider.

18 points. Phillip island, sepang and Valencia.

I say it'll be Honda, Rossi and Lorenzo as the winners with Rossi winning the championship!
    Last edited by jcw; 10-11-2015 at 06:30 PM.
    Hoofhearted likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Seemed like Lorenzo set off at his usual blistering pace. I've no doubt he knows his tires. Maybe he was hoping for some rain. Rossi isn't stupid so he might have paced himself but also trying to keep Lorenzo in sight. Weather like that is a bit of a crap shoot. You don't know if it will start raining again. It was too wet to take a chance and start on slicks. And no point in a tire or bike change. Just hope Rossi doesn't do anything silly. Finishing behind Lorenzo will guarantee his championship.

Lorenzo is a front end rider. He has issues with drying conditions because his style burns up front rain tires faster than Rossi. He knows this, and even said as much in the post race interviews. If it had continued to rain, he said he thought he could have won the race.

I am not a die hard fan of any on racer. I would like to see it go down to the last race, but I will also be very happy to see Rossi win another title...or even a couple more. I would also like to see Lorenzo pull it out of his hat. This has been a very good season!
    Hoofhearted likes this.
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

Lorenzos front tyre was almost non-existent by the time they went to parc ferme.

And he rocked the Ducati wings:

Name:  Lorenzo.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  83.7 KB

Wonder if they had some input into why his tyre was the most shredded out of the lot?

Quote Originally Posted by hillsy View Post
    Wonder if they had some input into why his tyre was the most shredded out of the lot?
    I think he went out to fast and hard on a drying track and didn't get the rain he may have hoped for.

I must have watched a different race than you guys. There were what, three passes the whole race? I'm not sure that watching who was the best at tire management made for an exciting race.

Quote Originally Posted by craig641 View Post
    I must have watched a different race than you guys. There were what, three passes the whole race? I'm not sure that watching who was the best at tire management made for an exciting race.
    We're all just getting excited because there's only 3 races left and Rossi is ahead by 18 points.

Quote Originally Posted by craig641 View Post
    Everybody has different modes of excitement. Some people think soccer is exciting. If passes were goals then three passes are more goals than most soccer teams score in a season.
    craig641 likes this.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links