What tank is on the "Osprey" made by OEM x ODFU? - Page 2
Close

What tank is on the "Osprey" made by OEM x ODFU?

This is a discussion on What tank is on the "Osprey" made by OEM x ODFU? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I see... But what makes the Osprey bad? And what makes a bike good? In terms of enjoyment of riding it I mean. Specifically my ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What tank is on the "Osprey" made by OEM x ODFU?

I see... But what makes the Osprey bad? And what makes a bike good? In terms of enjoyment of riding it I mean. Specifically my GS400 :P Should I focus on engine, intake, exhaust or what? This is my first bike so I don't really know what to prioritize...

Quote Originally Posted by RedDane View Post
    I see... But what makes the Osprey bad? And what makes a bike good? In terms of enjoyment of riding it I mean. Specifically my GS400 :P Should I focus on engine, intake, exhaust or what? This is my first bike so I don't really know what to prioritize...
    The gas tank isn't a priority unless it's filled with rust or gelled old gas.

I see... But what makes the Osprey bad?...
    Don't you notice anything that is messed up with the front forks :/
    drgonzo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Lack of ample suspension travel makes the bike unsafe. That's the most glaring error. The tires were chosen for the appearance of their tread pattern rather than the grip they provide. The bike is all show and no go.
    Last edited by drgonzo; 01-15-2016 at 07:31 PM.

I see... But what makes the Osprey bad?
    If you look on the tank you'll see it's been made by a clothing company. As a general rule of thumb, any mob that sells t-shirts doesn't know shit about building rideable bikes.
    drgonzo likes this.

I did notice the lack of suspension, but a guy in the comments said that it was still rideable... but I get that it would propably be way more uncomfortable :P
    But it's not that I prioritize appearence over function, it's just that the bike I own is pretty much stock except for all the rust.. So should I not focus on the appearence to make it look like a cafe racer, or is there more to it than that?

As long as a guy in the comments section thinks it's OK then you should be good.

I rode bicycles for 20+ years with no suspension at all and never had an issue. Kinda like power windows in a car, if you haven't got them you don't notice it, but once you get them it's hard to live without them. Suspensions are overrated, those guys who buy $1000 shocks and fancy Swedish forks? Posers.
    RedDane likes this.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

There you go, don't ride your motorcycle any faster then bicycle speed, stick to smooth roads and you will never have a problem because after all, suspension is all about comfort and has nothing to do with the way a parked motorcycle handles.
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 01-16-2016 at 06:12 AM.

I'd like to offer you the opportunity to seek your own answer.Look up the term "static sag" and "rake and trail". Those two terms have everything to do with why that bike fails.

If it is your first bike, you need a bike that is safe to ride, not look all rude and stanced out sitting still. Who gives a fuck what the bike looks like sitting still, unless it's for static display.

I don't know. I like to ride mine.
    TrialsRider and RedDane like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links