What tank is on the "Osprey" made by OEM x ODFU? - Page 3
Close

What tank is on the "Osprey" made by OEM x ODFU?

This is a discussion on What tank is on the "Osprey" made by OEM x ODFU? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by RedDane add: a Danish motorcycle license plate is ~twice the size of a north american plate and probably still needs to be ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What tank is on the "Osprey" made by OEM x ODFU?

Quote Originally Posted by RedDane View Post
    add: a Danish motorcycle license plate is ~twice the size of a north american plate and probably still needs to be illuminated just as they do here:

… don't be crazy enough to hang that sail on the side of the swingarm chopper style, put it on the back of the bike where it makes sense and will catch some of the road spray from going up your back, otherwise you will wish you owned a clothing company.

btw: I do like the brown leather clutch purse side panels thingies, those are very chic.

Another add: Mufflers and chain guards are not completely superfluous equipment on a street bike, otherwise motorcycle manufacturers could save millions of dollars by leaving them off. That straight header exhaust pipe will make the bike sound about as pleasing as a fart and perform like crap compared to even the stock exhaust. Hidden tail lights will get you rear ended faster in the fog and a total lack of turn signals will have you making hand signals. Clip-on handlebars combined with the stock foot peg location will have you scrunched up and not in a good riding position to control the bike.

If I was on a totally stock bike and you were on that Osprey thing, (which is a very cool name for such a lame bike) you could not keep up to me, which is just as well because I would be slightly embarrassed to ride with that heat score.

Wow thanks for all the feedback guys!
    I know I said I liked the Osprey, but don't worry, 'cause I'm not going to build an identical bike. I'm not going to mess too much with the suspension and definitely not the rake. I have bought clip-ons however, so should I move the foot pegs backwards? I'm also aware that danish plates look ridiculous, and I'm definitely going to put it behind the bike.. I was thinking about buying a universal plate holder, that is connected to the backwheel axis and not the rear fender (yes I bought a rear fender), but I haven't seen many bikes with it - is it because it's frowned upon for some reason? Also, I have the stock pot for a 2-in-1 exhaust, but I dislike the sound of it... Should I jsut buy a new pot and if so, where can I buy a pot that fits? or make it fit?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Look at this guys bike: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...continued.html That is a freaking awesome motorcycle!
    Build something even remotely close to that and you will have something worthy of the name Osprey (Fish Hawk with long legs). That bike you posted should be called the Dodo (flightless bird that went extinct)

Usually you want to reduce unsprung weight wherever possible, this means that anything you can attach to the bike where it doesn't follow the bumpy road surface is a good thing.

That does look really nice, but it's not the style I'm looking for, and I'm not sure I can commit so much to my project :/ Right now I'm debating whether or not to even take the bike apart to paint the frame and engine, or if I can somehow merely cover the important parts and paint everything while it's still on...

Style, style, style,

Quote Originally Posted by RedDane View Post
    Wow thanks for all the feedback guys!
    I know I said I liked the Osprey, but don't worry, 'cause I'm not going to build an identical bike. I'm not going to mess too much with the suspension and definitely not the rake. I have bought clip-ons however, so should I move the foot pegs backwards? I'm also aware that danish plates look ridiculous, and I'm definitely going to put it behind the bike.. I was thinking about buying a universal plate holder, that is connected to the backwheel axis and not the rear fender (yes I bought a rear fender), but I haven't seen many bikes with it - is it because it's frowned upon for some reason? Also, I have the stock pot for a 2-in-1 exhaust, but I dislike the sound of it... Should I jsut buy a new pot and if so, where can I buy a pot that fits? or make it fit?
    As for the rear fender. Hipsters frown upon them because they don't look as "cool".....but they can't see the skunk stripe that the rear tire slings up their backs without a fender.

As far as rear sets for the pegs. Here is a simple demonstration. Sit on a chair. Put your butt on the edge with your feet on the floor about how you would be on your bike. Reach up to grab imaginary handle bars about where your stock bars are. Feel kind of natural? Comfortable?
    Now, move your arms farther away from you and down to where a set of clip ons would be. Don't move your feet! Now, what do you feel? A slight pull on your lower back? Feel a little off balance?
    Now move your feet back about 3 or 4 inches (100 mm or so). Heels up, on the balls of your feet? How does that feel? Much more natural, yes?

Also when you are on the balls of your feet, you have much more control, than when you have the pegs in the crook of your heel.
    Last edited by 8ball; 01-16-2016 at 05:52 PM.
    TrialsRider and drgonzo like this.
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links