S90 musings
Close

S90 musings

This is a discussion on S90 musings within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So. All this little bike talk has me thinking about my S90. I never really figured out what forks i want to run. So I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Motorsportenthusiast

Thread: S90 musings

S90 musings

So. All this little bike talk has me thinking about my S90.

I never really figured out what forks i want to run. So I am kind of thinking of a drum brake CB175 set with the 18" rim. Stock tire on the cb175 is a 2.75-18. Stock tire on the S90 is a 2.50-18. So I should be good to mount the S90 size tire on the front. Forks might be a little tall though. Brake should be ample for the lighter and slower S90. Headlight bits should work out fine and not look out of place.

There was this thread:

https://www.caferacer.net/forum/techn...irt-parts.html

There is also a super neat little bike built from pitbike parts in that thread.

And I am sure i have posted a couple as well as i keep swinging back around to it. I still have an ATC90 with a rebuilt engine and cdi hanging out in my junk-pile.

The whole big problem is good cb175 forks seem to be pretty rare. Thoughts?
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

Junior Member Motorsportenthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    So. All this little bike talk has me thinking about my S90.

I never really figured out what forks i want to run. So I am kind of thinking of a drum brake CB175 set with the 18" rim. Stock tire on the cb175 is a 2.75-18. Stock tire on the S90 is a 2.50-18. So I should be good to mount the S90 size tire on the front. Forks might be a little tall though. Brake should be ample for the lighter and slower S90. Headlight bits should work out fine and not look out of place.

There was this thread:

https://www.caferacer.net/forum/techn...irt-parts.html

There is also a super neat little bike built from pitbike parts in that thread.

And I am sure i have posted a couple as well as i keep swinging back around to it. I still have an ATC90 with a rebuilt engine and cdi hanging out in my junk-pile.

The whole big problem is good cb175 forks seem to be pretty rare. Thoughts?
    I don't know whats your goal or looks towards the bike.
    I'm assuming we don't have the same taste but if I were you, I would just get a set of forks that comes with the Honda Grom.
    I like the look of a modern cafe racer with all the new toys and whistle.
    New parts are easy to get but I don't know how easy it would be to buy one in U.S ... it would save you a lot of time imo.
    If you do go with that route, here's a little sneak peak on how the bike may look.
    Name:  6honda67dophongcachcaferace-1365127666_500x0.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  47.8 KB
    Hope that helps you a bit
    Last edited by Motorsportenthusiast; 01-21-2016 at 10:57 PM.
    thechief86 likes this.

Grom forks are almost unobtainium for a reasonable price. There is one set on ebay for over $300 with no triples, or axle, or anything else. I do agree they would be the cat's meow!
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Junior Member Motorsportenthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    Grom forks are almost unobtainium for a reasonable price. There is one set on ebay for over $300 with no triples, or axle, or anything else. I do agree they would be the cat's meow!
    Wow, thats expensive.
    In VN they're about 150-200 used.
    Chinese aftermarket forks are a 100.
    Man that sucks, well I don't know what else to say but if you like them a lot just yolo it and get them.

Sponsored Links