hypermotard 796 worth it?
Close

This is a discussion on hypermotard 796 worth it? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; May be trading for a 2010 model with a tick over 8000 miles. From what I understand it had the 7500 mile service. Anything else ...

May be trading for a 2010 model with a tick over 8000 miles. From what I understand it had the 7500 mile service. Anything else I should look out for? I've got my car listed for $4500 and his bike is listed at $6000. Looks clean from the pics, but I really don't know dick about them.

Here's the car I'm considering the trade on.

The bike in question

2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796

Better pics he sent

I had one for a couple years. I think $6000 is maybe a little ambituous?

It'll have about a 100 miles on a tank of gas before the low fuel light comes on. It's a pretty tall bike, I'm about 5' 9" and wasn't even close to being flat footed at the lights. The front suspension is kinda weird, it only has a spring on one side and the upgrade options are limited. Overall I really liked mine when I first got it, it's like a big scooter. Quiet, smooth, fun to ride. But not all that fast. I ended up trading mine in on a 1200S Monster which absolutely blows the hyper out of the water performance wise. But then it costs twice as much too, so...

I sold mine mainly because I started to get bothered by how tall it was, and most of the guys I rode with had 1000cc bikes and I was wringing it's neck trying to keep up.

That one is missing it's hand guards and front turn signals FWIW.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

get a better seat. that one sucks.

796 is not really fast. if you want a hoony bike, the 1100 evo has a much lighter engine (rotating bits) so it's much more aggressive.

like a lot of things in this style, it has soft long travel suspension that kind of works crap. lots of brake dive. fix that so it uses half the available travel will help.

is that a 635? always liked them, bit old now i guess.

I'd keep the Beemer and just save up for a nice Ducati.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

Quote Originally Posted by brad black View Post
    get a better seat. that one sucks.
    Oh yeah, there's that too. I put a Sargent seat on mine.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

I'm not really a "new" bike guy but would a sv650 be comparable in power? I was fairly happy with the power of an 06 a buddy had with a pipe and a quick tune but the ergos were terrible for my knee. I'm 6' and weigh about 170ish depending on the time of day.

As of right now I wasn't looking for a Ducati but figured it was a trade offer worth exploring. The 633csi isn't rare, but there aren't a ton of nice examples running around especially with a 5 speed. If the Ducati was worth a bit more I think it could be worth the trade. When I decided to sell it there would be a little extra cash in my pocket. $6000 just seems high to me, so maybe it's closer in price that he's listing for.

Sponsored Links