Glad They Caught This Road Rage Asshole - Page 3
Close

Glad They Caught This Road Rage Asshole

This is a discussion on Glad They Caught This Road Rage Asshole within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So many squirrels lol...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Glad They Caught This Road Rage Asshole

Ews
    So many squirrels lol
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

Fk5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ews View Post
    Wow, talk about this thread getting off topic a little lol
    Is this all because Jaguar can't remember his password?
    jaguar likes this.

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
    Is this all because Jaguar can't remember his password?
    I suppose that is as good a reason as any

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Some interesting stats relating to the original topic:

66% of traffic fatalities are caused by aggressive driving.
    37% of aggressive driving incidents involve a firearm.
    are you telling me that quarter of traffic fatalies involve a firearm? (0.66*0.37= ~.25)
    That has to be bogus. It would mean that 7,500 traffic fatalities per year involve a firearm. Over twenty a day...

though - pretty astonishing that drunk driving accounts for third of fatalities. Its a prime example of how penalties are pretty bad deterrents. USA has very harsh consequences for drunk driving yet I know several people who have gotten a DUI. .... just checked the numbers back here in Finland. Here its one fifth - much higher than I thought here too.

U.S. Department of Transportation Announces Decline in Traffic Fatalities in 2013 | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

And the cops in the US have a problem. And its not about the good cop, bad cop - its an institutional issues. Having lived in LA its one thing I really really don't miss - having to be nervous about cops even if I am white and not doing anything wrong. ANd btw. 1 in 10 being bad is a HUGE problem.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    agreed, but keep in mind not all opportunities are equally available to all people.
    meh, that sounds like a cop out.
    but at the end of the day not everyone can "win"
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

"87% of the statistics quoted on the internet are flawed, and the other 23% are simply made up"
    -Abraham Lincoln
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    meh, that sounds like a cop out.
    but at the end of the day not everyone can "win"
    It isn't a cop out, it's just the way things are. Fair is a subjective and abstract concept, as is "equal".
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoDog View Post
    "87% of the statistics quoted on the internet are flawed, and the other 23% are simply made up"
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Lol! Im sure that those stats are padded a bit. But some of it honestly would not be outside of the realm of plausibility.

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by kerosene View Post
    are you telling me that quarter of traffic fatalies involve a firearm? (0.66*0.37= ~.25)
    That has to be bogus. It would mean that 7,500 traffic fatalities per year involve a firearm. Over twenty a day...

though - pretty astonishing that drunk driving accounts for third of fatalities. Its a prime example of how penalties are pretty bad deterrents. USA has very harsh consequences for drunk driving yet I know several people who have gotten a DUI. .... just checked the numbers back here in Finland. Here its one fifth - much higher than I thought here too.

U.S. Department of Transportation Announces Decline in Traffic Fatalities in 2013 | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

And the cops in the US have a problem. And its not about the good cop, bad cop - its an institutional issues. Having lived in LA its one thing I really really don't miss - having to be nervous about cops even if I am white and not doing anything wrong. ANd btw. 1 in 10 being bad is a HUGE problem.
    I think the stat is saying that of the 66% of fatalities cause by aggressive driving, 37% of that involved guns. Then we need to take into consideration what they mean by "involved", maybe the person had a hunting rifle in the truck, so there was a gun in the vehicle, but not really involved. People like to manipulate stats to feed their agenda so who knows.

I think the stat is saying that of the 66% of fatalities cause by aggressive driving, 37% of that involved guns.
    ... which would mean one quarter of traffic fatalities involve guns. 37% of 66% is 24.42%, which is what kerosene was saying. That's not made up, it's math.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links