Glad They Caught This Road Rage Asshole - Page 4
Close

Glad They Caught This Road Rage Asshole

This is a discussion on Glad They Caught This Road Rage Asshole within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by DesmoDog ... which would mean one quarter of traffic fatalities involve guns. 37% of 66% is 24.42%, which is what kerosene was ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Glad They Caught This Road Rage Asshole

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoDog View Post
    ... which would mean one quarter of traffic fatalities involve guns. 37% of 66% is 24.42%, which is what kerosene was saying. That's not made up, it's math.
    So i misread what he was saying. As i stated, the stat is probably padded, but also it depends on what they mean by involved. I mean I used to have a Brittany Spears poster in my room when I was a teenager, I could go around saying I was involved with her, but it doesn't make it true. That is why I wondered if they were considering a gun in the proximity as involved. the Media likes to play it fast and loose with stats ya know.
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

If 1 in 10 police officers are bad then that's 1000 of the 10k in the City of L.A. Way too many and I'm glad I don't live there anymore. I learned a long time ago that my thinking of the court always siding with the cops was flawed. The Judge knows the cops will lie and cheat to get a conviction as much as the defendant lying and cheating to beat the charge. After learning this I had a different attitude in court and usually won my cases, which were more often than I wanted (cases, not wins)
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Ews
    Our legal system as a whole is flawed beyond belief. I get tired of the courts favoring one side over the other in any case, it is supposed to be a neutral system and go based on the facts and evidence. I have seen to many people get screwed over. For instance, my brother in law who got drunk with some friend one night and tagged a rock. Turns out that rock had some native hieroglyphs one it and they all got busted. There were 3 people involved, the first two drank and smoked pot even though the court had ordered them not to, they ended up getting little more than a slap on the wrist . My brother in law followed all the rules, even went out of his way to make sure he had a job so that he could show the court he was a straightened out guy. He got screwed because the judge simply did not like him, he got 6 months in prison, and they put him in a cell block full of native inmates. Lucky for him he came out alive and better off, he now has 2 jobs and bought a single wide. His two cohorts are still in and out of trouble all the time. He followed the rules and still got screwed

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

without knowing anything about your BIL, and being somewhat of a judgmental prick, it doesn't sound like a judge not liking him is the reason he got screwed. If you are really trying to "reform" sometimes that means elevating the company you keep so they don't drag you back down. Many people don't realize this that things you don't change can work against you.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    without knowing anything about your BIL, and being somewhat of a judgmental prick, it doesn't sound like a judge not liking him is the reason he got screwed. If you are really trying to "reform" sometimes that means elevating the company you keep so they don't drag you back down. Many people don't realize this that things you don't change can work against you.
    I agree 100%. He does not associate with those guys anymore. The frustrating part for the family was that the other guys got community service and he got jail time. Although in his case it did him good. it was enough time for him to see that the path he was on was not a good path. I also am judgmental, I think it has to do with being a Scorpio and an ENT-J personality type. I'm not saying that my brother in law didnt deserve it, simply that the penalty's were not equal among all 3 idiots when all 3 idiots were equal in the crime itself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links