BSA Chopper White Supremacist Theme bike!!! - Page 2
Close

BSA Chopper White Supremacist Theme bike!!!

This is a discussion on BSA Chopper White Supremacist Theme bike!!! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I think now days people have thinner skin. there is that mentality of "I dont like that so we must ban it" I like the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: BSA Chopper White Supremacist Theme bike!!!

Ews
    I think now days people have thinner skin. there is that mentality of "I dont like that so we must ban it" I like the saying "Just because you are offended, that does not mean you are right"
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

Quote Originally Posted by 83XLX View Post
    My dad was in the 104th Infantry in Europe in WWII, fighting Germans. He never had a problem with our play games, but that's not the same as a holocaust survivor. I think people are more prone to "being offended" than they used to be, and the purpose of swastikas and SS emblems on motorcycles (and their riders) is mainly to shock the general public and look like a [email protected]$$. That said, I find it amusing that many of the Patriot Guard riders sport iron crosses on their vests and wear helmets patterned after the German WWII helmet...
    Danny Lyons documented the outlaw culture in the Bikeriders very well. They used to do all sorts of things to "freak out the squares" and be offensive and that was kind of the point. I don't know if looking like a badass is the goal when you see two unwashed hariy 60's bikers french kissing in public. I don't even know if outlaw culture is the same now as it used to be but image wise it doesn't look that way.

I don't even think I am capable of fathoming the levels of irony that is a group of people who oppose hate speech and intolerance at government functions by dressing up in the uniform of fascist regimes. more layers than a 7 layer dip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ews View Post
    I may have once owned a Kaiser helm. Back in the days of my badass youth
    I have one painted the american flag because someone gave it to me for free.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    The issue now is not that more people are offended. It is that they feel they can do something about it, or worse demand to not be offended at all.
    nothing changed about the attitude, just the megaphone got bigger.

I think now days people have thinner skin. there is that mentality of "I dont like that so we must ban it" I like the saying "Just because you are offended, that does not mean you are right"
    Actually quite the opposite. I don't think my parent's or grandparent's generation would have tolerated "worse than Hitler" as a colloquial analogy for a terrible person, but here we are and it happens so much there is actually an internet rule about it (godwin's law). As the generations that experienced it first hand die off, subsequent generations are less personally sensitive about it but more vocal about it in the abstract.
    woodsman likes this.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Ews
    Free brain bucket painted like the flag? I'd call that a win. Now you just need a fat boy with giant ape hangers and your set

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Actually quite the opposite. I don't think my parent's or grandparent's generation would have tolerated "worse than Hitler" as a colloquial analogy for a terrible person, but here we are and it happens so much there is actually an internet rule about it (godwin's law). As the generations that experienced it first hand die off, subsequent generations are less personally sensitive about it but more vocal about it in the abstract.
    Fair point

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

um, that particular symbol predates almost everything we can fathom :| It's all in the presentation and interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    um, that particular symbol predates almost everything we can fathom :| It's all in the presentation and interpretation.
    No one looks at that currently and sees anything other than a hate symbol. Historically it's most recent symbolism resides with Nazi Germany, and there's no erasing that. The same goes for a rainbow flag, it's been assigned a current meaning whether you like it or not. Not that I hate the rainbow flag or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

And I would totally ride a rainbow theme bike.

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Valid point. But it reminds me of a joke. Something about a guy who does all kinds of amazing things, but then one day he does one really gross thing and is stuck with that nick name for life.

Technically the swastika is not the "same" because it sits on an angle instead of flat. but no one cares about details

Valid point. But it reminds me of a joke. Something about a guy who does all kinds of amazing things, but then one day he does one really gross thing and is stuck with that nick name for life.

Technically the swastika is not the "same" because it sits on an angle instead of flat. but no one cares about details
    Would that be the bridge builder saying: "Build 100 bridges, suck one dick, you won't be remembered as a bridge builder."
    thechief86 likes this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

How many variations of that joke do you think there are? I always heard it as "....but you fuck one goat..."
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    How many variations of that joke do you think there are? I always heard it as "....but you fuck one goat..."
    I suppose as many as you can negatively come up with. The guy who built my XR was a goat fucker and had sex with his own daughter, but I don't hold that against him.
    BTW- it's no joke.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links