traded my MG Midget - Page 2
Close

traded my MG Midget

This is a discussion on traded my MG Midget within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I am surprised at how much I like the CB200T tank on there.what do you think about wheels you can see a Yamaha front end ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: traded my MG Midget

I am surprised at how much I like the CB200T tank on there.what do you think about wheels you can see a Yamaha front end leaning up against the stack of tires behind the rear end of the sportster. It is also 35mm, but I think has better suspension than the oem Harley fork. If I went with that I could Use the FZR 17"wheel that is on it and I have the matching 18" rear.

Geeto was asking about the frame under the seat. I think you can see the parts he was talking about, but I don't know what type it is and whether it has been reinforced or not.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenessex View Post
    I am surprised at how much I like the CB200T tank on there
    I like the tank as well.....very nice.

Now I miss my sporty

Name:  Cafe sportster.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  2.65 MB
    I have done some more work on the ironhead this summer. As you can see, I reversed the front forks so now the original banana caliper is trailing the fork leg. I think it looks a lot better and should help the handling. I kinda like it now in a period correct sort of way. I also fitted a stainless brake line and a remote re master cylinder with adjustable lever. It is finest kind chinese via e-bay that I could find. surprisingly, it works really well but I don't trust it. I still need to figure out what front fender I am going to run. I am going to mock up a CL350 fender that I have to see if it will fit. I rewired the whole bike except I haven't connected up the tail light or the brake lights yet. I had to take out the whole rats nest the previous owner had electrical taped, scotch locked and wire nutted together, including replacing all the wires that had melted to the exhaust system or gotten worn by the chain. Some people shouldn't be allowed to work on stuff. The seat is chinese from e-bay and I like it quite a bit on here. The rear fender is a trimmed Yamaha DT1, that I had laying around. It has possibilities. I also put my favorite shocks on it, Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S). They are long, stiffly sprung and adjustable damping. I use them on lots of stuff. I think the oil tank needs to go and I might see about getting a custom one made that will fill in the space under the seat. I ran out of time as the summer was coming to an end for me and I also worked on one of the XL500s, the FT500 Ascot, AN FZ600 and I almost have my spare XL500 engine in my CB350 racebike frame.
    So Summer is over, I am back in Alaska and school strts next week. I won't see the bikes again until Christmas break.
    CaTacL1sm and Geeto67 like this.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

keep at it and maybe you'll be able to trade it for a needy SL90

it ;looks bitchen ken
    beware of the longer travel shocks you have fitted
    the IH shock GEOMETRY lashup has about a 1.5 or greater slr
    bottom line the tire eats the fender
    using a longer travel shock like that the best scenario is moving the lower mount back pretty close to the axle

so it almost looks like somebody gave a pit bike steroids. I bet its tons of fun
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

for those uniformed slr is swingarm leverage ratio a number derived by dividing the legth of effective swingarm ie axle to pivot length by the distance from axle to centerline of shock at 90 degrees to shock centerline
    at 1.5 slr with a 4'' travel shock(measured well into bumper)rear wheel travel will be apprx 6''
    the short trtavel ih shocks only yield a bit over 3'' wheel travel
    Last edited by XB33BSA; 08-15-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    CaTacL1sm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XB33BSA View Post
    it ;looks bitchen ken
    beware of the longer travel shocks you have fitted
    the IH shock GEOMETRY lashup has about a 1.5 or greater slr
    bottom line the tire eats the fender
    using a longer travel shock like that the best scenario is moving the lower mount back pretty close to the axle
    I have plenty of clearance at full travel, that is why I had a bunch of trouble with the rear fender to get clearance and still look good.. The DT fender is mounted very high and is pretty deep, but I think I accomplished what I needed.

Here is my question;
    Why do so many HDs, even stock big twins, have a negative swingarm angle. Why would HD do that? I always try to set my bikes up with about a 10 degree swingarm angle. As it is now, the swingarm is pretty flat right now, even with shocks as long as feel comfortable with.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    Evan Esar

[QUOTE=kenessex;623989]I have plenty of clearance at full travel, that is why I had a bunch of trouble with the rear fender to get clearance and ?
    ok you checked it all full bump ?t doesnt look like 5" assuming it haas no rider sag
    i think the negative angle all boils down to the cs sprocket location th
    harley engines are very tall the cs apparently follows suit
    harley want to keep seatb height low as possible
    to maintain the seat hright they want cs would need to be higher to have pos angle
    Last edited by XB33BSA; 08-15-2018 at 10:54 PM.

But isn't it better for suspension and handling to have a negative angle?
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    Evan Esar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links