Storz HD street tracker, what's it worth? - Page 2
Close

Storz HD street tracker, what's it worth?

This is a discussion on Storz HD street tracker, what's it worth? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I hate sellers who don't tell you what they are wanting for it. So what do you do? Start at $1 , then $2 , ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Storz HD street tracker, what's it worth?

I hate sellers who don't tell you what they are wanting for it. So what do you do? Start at $1 , then $2 , a couple thousand times till you get what he wants. It's stupid not to at least throw out a high asking price to see if it's even in my ballpark budget. That said, Storz stuff, while it may be quality, it is extremely over priced. Geek's offer of $7k is probably a good ballpark.
    Andyshep and woodsman like this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Overpriced infers that the parts quality does not justify the price. This is not true, stuff like their alloy tanks and such are competitively priced. Are there cheaper parts that replicate the look? Yes but you aren't getting an alloy tank bolt on for a fuel injected sportster for that cheaper price - you are getting a glass tank with a liner where you have to adjust your own fittings. Storz sells everything separate so you can pick and choose the parts. For what they charge for ceriani forks you could buy a basic set of ohlins and I'd much rather have those.

The he bike in question I suspect was built in 1992 as a display for the dealer to sell storz parts in the pre internet days and that's likely why it was done on an 883, because it was intended to sit as a display and eventually get parted out. It's premium as a collectible is probably as a dealer display or promotional item and not as a motorcycle. The dealer probably got a good offer on it and sold it whole.

If you buddy calls, ask him to get the whole origin story - I'd love to know why some built such a weird bike.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Storz is the American distributor for Ceriani, so they are going to get full suggested retail for them, no discounts.
    44dwarf likes this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

True they are the importer and OH by the way when you call and ask for seals to fit the screw on gold cap forks they sold for years....So Sorry we don't sell those seals anymore please buy a newer set of forks...
    Okay thanks down to the local motion (bearing) supply house to match them up....
    \"Smok\'in the competition NOT Tobacco\"
    \"Transplant organs, Don\'t bury them!\"

USCRA #944
    WVRC #44
    www.wvrclub.com

Like these forks they sold..and no longer support
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    \"Smok\'in the competition NOT Tobacco\"
    \"Transplant organs, Don\'t bury them!\"

USCRA #944
    WVRC #44
    www.wvrclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by 44dwarf View Post
    Like these forks they sold..and no longer support
    I think you can still get seals and small parts for the vintage forks. Those are the forks I have. They are the distributor for the new Ceriani's.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    If you buddy calls, ask him to get the whole origin story - I'd love to know why some built such a weird bike.
    I got a hold of the seller. Bike was bought new from Southside in Cleveland and was converted to Storz buy them. He evidently has the paper trail. I didn't want to irritate him (and ask why such a weird build) in case someone here was interested in it, because he said he would sell for $5500(US).

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    I got a hold of the seller. Bike was bought new from Southside in Cleveland and was converted to Storz buy them. He evidently has the paper trail. I didn't want to irritate him (and ask why such a weird build) in case someone here was interested in it, because he said he would sell for $5500(US).
    I messaged him about not letting anyone know what he wanted for it. He expects you show up and make an offer, but he's 3K miles away. Let me know when it sells so I can message him and offer him $7K.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    Ya know, i can think of a lot of things I would rather spend $5k on but for some one who wants a good looking quality street tracker with minimal maint investment it would be well bought. I'd rather some newbie buy this than what dipshits are calling brat these days.
    woodsman likes this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

I would say that is more worth $5500 than the 65 Sportster is for $4k.
    Geeto67 and woodsman like this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links