Storz HD street tracker, what's it worth?
Close

This is a discussion on Storz HD street tracker, what's it worth? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; A guy I know is interested in this Harley and asked me what it is worth. I have no idea. 1992 Harley Davidson Storz XR883 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Storz HD street tracker, what's it worth?

A guy I know is interested in this Harley and asked me what it is worth. I have no idea. 1992 Harley Davidson Storz XR883 StreetTracker. | street, cruisers, choppers | Barrie | Kijiji

That's a tough one because it's not here in America and its an 883. It's basically the most expensive toys on the cheapest bike HD made at the time. A stock 883 from 1992 today is about $2500-$3500 in nice shape. To build this bike the stortz parts new would cost you in the neighborhood of $5k but none of the parts are new and that doesn't count the other non storz parts. So figure to replicate it you would be out around $10k-$12k excluding labor. im going to go ahead and say it's worth maybe $7k if it's as clean as it says and comes with ALL the paperwork. What's he actually asking? $15k?

that bit about it handling like a Ducati made me laugh. Maybe a really slow Ducati.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    That's a tough one because it's not here in America and its an 883. It's basically the most expensive toys on the cheapest bike HD made at the time. A stock 883 from 1992 today is about $2500-$3500 in nice shape. To build this bike the stortz parts new would cost you in the neighborhood of $5k but none of the parts are new and that doesn't count the other non storz parts. So figure to replicate it you would be out around $10k-$12k excluding labor. im going to go ahead and say it's worth maybe $7k if it's as clean as it says and comes with ALL the paperwork. What's he actually asking? $15k?

that bit about it handling like a Ducati made me laugh. Maybe a really slow Ducati.
    He wanted to have an idea of worth before he contacted the owner, I told him you would likely be familiar with Storz. He's going to call the seller today so I'll let you know.

The one thing I was sure of is that it wouldn't handle like a Ducati, although I've never ridden an ST2, maybe that was his reference point?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Don't get me wrong, everything on that bike is a quality piece. The only flaw it has is that it was built on an 883 and not a 1200. Upgrading to a 1200 isn't hard or expensive but from a collectors standpoint you'd have to send it back to Cleveland or have a well known HD tuner do the install to preserve its value as a collectible.

Lets see what what a few others have to say about it.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

- Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

He must think the Ceriani forks are better then thy are... Don't get me wrong they are good but turn n HD in to a Ducati good not. I'm not sure off the top of my head what Storz was selling for rear suspension but progressive is good.
    883 was a good choice back in 92 as it was a official FT class back then.
    I'm with Geeto on value.
    \"Smok\'in the competition NOT Tobacco\"
    \"Transplant organs, Don\'t bury them!\"

USCRA #944
    WVRC #44
    www.wvrclub.com

Is the buyer hoping to road legal it? Might want to try and get it with the original exhaust system parts so that it will pass as road legal (at least the first time around), the exhaust system is "intended for use on closed course competition motorcycles only" that Might be an obstacle to getting it certified in some places. :/ "Will qualify for inexpensive vintage insurance" how the heck can a 1992 motorcycle qualify for vintage insurance? I'd want to price that out first to believe it, also on the check box where the insurance company asks if the machine has been modified, they are going to have to select yes.

Collector bike all my bikes are going to be collector bikes, in another 60 years.

… hey wait, he's selling that as certified, how did he do that I must not know the right mechanics.
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 07-23-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Is the buyer hoping to road legal it? Might want to try and get it with the original exhaust system parts so that it will pass as road legal (at least the first time around), the exhaust system is "intended for use on closed course competition motorcycles only" that Might be an obstacle to getting it certified in some places. :/ "Will qualify for inexpensive vintage insurance" how the heck can a 1992 motorcycle qualify for vintage insurance? I'd want to price that out first to believe it, also on the check box where the insurance company asks if the machine has been modified, they are going to have to select yes.

Collector bike all my bikes are going to be collector bikes, in another 60 years.

… hey wait, he's selling that as certified, how did he do that I must not know the right mechanics.
    I don't think exhaust noise is a consideration any longer, look at (or rather listen to) some of the Harley's that are on the road...they're brutal. I was behind a group of a couple dozen Hell's Angels yesterday, sounded like a 48 cylinder engine with straight pipes. I agree with your thoughts on Ontario insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    What's he actually asking? $15k?
    LOL. The owner won't give a price unless potential buyers go to see the bike, so he wants this guy to do 6 hours round trip without knowing whether he is even financially interested. All I can think is the owner is likely dreaming.

He either doesn't want to sell it and has listed it to show his Mrs he's trying or wants mad money, why would you not put what you'd like for it? To put he won't respond to offers in aswell means he's a bellend. Would you buy a bike off a bellend?
    woodsman likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links