>Warning< Scam artists abound! - Page 3
Close

>Warning< Scam artists abound!

This is a discussion on >Warning< Scam artists abound! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; just post up ten million craigslist ads with his home address and phone number on. You're probably not gonna get paid because you let the ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: >Warning< Scam artists abound!

just post up ten million craigslist ads with his home address and phone number on. You're probably not gonna get paid because you let the bike go and now you have no leverage. How much time are you prepared to spend making his life miserable???? how will that impact on yours??? spending an hour a day pissing him off will piss you off for an hour a day because you'll remember why for an hour a day. Smashing his face off the concrete will provide a similar win/lose situation as it's nice to fuck a thief up but it's not nice on the soul knocking peoples teeth out; and you might go to jail on top......

write it off and learn from it. don't waste energy beating yourself and others up about it.
    kerosene likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpaul View Post
    You should IMMEDIATELY file a police report and a lien on the bike.
    grandpaul is absolutely correct. Go to the authorities. Investigate going the small claims route.....at least.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    DohcBikes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hillsy View Post
    There's two sides to every story.

Just sayin....
    3 sides.

1. Their side

2. Your side

3. The truth

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    3 sides.

1. Their side

2. Your side

3. The truth
    I should have said there's "at least" 2 sides to every story.

Question for the original poster: Apart from posting this here and on other forums, what have you done to reach out to the guy to try to come to an amicable settlement? I'd like to believe that you have tried everything possible to resolve the issue before you let everyone pile on.

There's always at least 2 sides to every story and if your version isn't totally and absolutely correct, the OP may have a complaint against you and that would be a total bummer.

Call me a skeptic if you will, but I find it hard to believe a guy who's been in the industry for some time (at least 14 months by the first post) would let some dude come in to his workshop and rack up an eventual $11K bill without ever once in that time asking for some payment?

Shit don't add up.....
    jaguar likes this.

Yup

I would never Take on a job without a deposit or set up a detailed arrangement with a payment schedule.
    I am not a bank.

As far as letting the finish product go without final payment..... NOPE.
    woodsman and jaguar like this.
    latered

Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    3 sides.

1. Their side

2. Your side

3. The truth
    I've been around a while, and ever since my life changed for the better, #2 and #3 are the same.
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

I've known Rob, the owner of Dinosaur Four for probably 25 years, and for the last 20 of them, he has built or modified many choppers, cafe racers, race bikes and everything else with two wheels. He is known to his customers and the friends they constantly refer to him for work as a master of anything motorcycle related and keeps seriously busy trying to satisfy everyone coming through his shop without turning away too much business. This is a guy that can do ANY job and has very reasonable rates for his skills at $60/hr. And he stays busy 365 days a year in Chicago when most shops switch to storage mode. Most shops are $100/hr or more these days and won't do half of the work brought to them. I've never personally met another shop owner as accommodating to motorcycle enthusiasts and forthcoming with his knowledge as Rob and have never seen him deliberately try to rip off a customer or take advantage of their naivety. If Rob didn't have health issues with chronic gout and arthritis, I'm sure he would have had a much larger operation with more mainstream prices years ago.

On the other hand, Federal Moto, who were known as Powder Monkees before this year, had been coming around Rob's shop for some time before the big project to have him essentially finish bikes they were not skilled enough to build and too cheap to pay a professional to work on. Many of these smaller jobs were to directly repair mistakes made by the Powder Monkees, some of them novice mistakes.

I thought the arrangement and pooling of resources and work was going fairly well between these two shops until the Mullers gained more notoriety and money with Federal Moto. I saw promises being broken to Rob about money getting paid for months while the Mullers are throwing around tons of money traveling, partying and gloating to the point it is tiring to watch. Rob is a true professional that these guys got a free coat tail ride on and they would still be risking burning down their mom's garage with their shoddy powder coating operation if it wasn't for him.

Stop whining and go call the cops!

If someone ripped me off..... I would be calling the police instead of posting on caferacer.net.
    latered

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links