Alaska
Close

Alaska

This is a discussion on Alaska within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Currently I am on vacation in Eagle River, Alaska visiting my son and daughter-in-law. The weather has been perfect the entire week. Temps in the ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By s10hornet

Thread: Alaska

Alaska

Currently I am on vacation in Eagle River, Alaska visiting my son and daughter-in-law. The weather has been perfect the entire week.
    Temps in the high 40's to low 70's with crystal clear skies. Perfect riding weather, so we decided to rent a couple of bikes and ride
    down to Seward on Tuesday. Below is a photo we took at Beluga Point in the Chugach National Forest on the way to Seward.

We rode close to 300 miles that day and it just kept getting better. We took a side trip off the highway to Hope. Not much there
    but the road was great.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  347.3 KB
    Geeto67, thechief86 and WERA689 like this.

That's awesome dude.
    I'd love to ship a bike up there and ride back home some day.
    How'd you like those rental KLR's ?
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

I spent May-August up in Alaksa in 2007. Sadly, before I was in to motorcycles. As, in I wasn't allowed to ride them due to a contract I had.

My God, it is beautiful up there. Insanely beautiful.

If you make it down to Anchorage, go check out The Great Alaskan Bush Company. Spectacular place.
    www.slipstreamcycle.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Go to the Glacier Brewhouse downtown Anchorage. Dinners are great, but so are lunches and the Sunday brunch is really nice, too. Get reservations. It isn't hard to get into, but it is popular and sometimes has a wait if you don't have a reservation. I really like their oatmeal stout if you drink beer. I usually have the fettuccine jambalaya, but the other menu items are all good. Have the bread pudding for dessert . I hope you enjoy your visit, the Alaska Native Heritage Center and the Anchorage Museum are both worth the time for a visit as is the Aircraft Museum at Lake Hood by the airport.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

The KLR just might be the perfect bike for Alaska. They will cruise at 65 all day in comfort.
    I'm 6'3" and my son is 6'8" and we were both comfortable the whole day.

We went to the Alaska State Fair up in Palmer one day and caught the Northern Lights
    two nights in a row. amazing!!!

Alaska is awesome in the summertime. We could see Mt. Denali from Eagle river every day it was so clear.
    Zero humidity makes a big difference. 45 degrees just seems cool.

I'm planning a ride from Atlanta to Anchorage in two years. So I need to sell my 954 to get something
    suitable for the long ride.

Have you heard about or considered the Hoka Hey Challenge from Fla. to Alaska?

Oops, never mind, it doesn't go to Ak. anymore, there will be no ride in 2017, and the 2018 ride will be only in the lower 48 states. The 2016 event started in Ca. and went to the coast of Maine and then down to N.Y. They must have zig zagged a lot because they say it was just short of 10K miles.

HoKa Hey is Indian for "It's a Good Day To Die"
    Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Sponsored Links