Leather jackets
Close

Leather jackets

This is a discussion on Leather jackets within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I'm looking for a good leather jacket for riding. I really like the shorter, straight or slim fit style with no collar. One I have ...

Thread: Leather jackets

Leather jackets

I'm looking for a good leather jacket for riding. I really like the shorter, straight or slim fit style with no collar. One I have been looking at is the Icon retro Daytona. I like everything about it except the "poseur patches" and the price ($450). I did find it on Ebay for under $300, but I'm wondering how they can be so much cheaper.
    I was also thinking I might like to get a jacket that had a zipper on the bottom, for attaching to leather pants, for whenever I finally decide to start racing, but I guess that I can get a full set of leathers when that time comes. I'm not opposed to a used jacket, as long as it's good quality and looks good. Any suggestions (or anyone have a cool old jacket they want to sell, I'm 6'2", 42" chest)? Thanks, Jimmy

Vanson, dude. They're the best. Google 'em.

Honda go sideways!

vanson. 450 is cheap as far as good jackets go. i think my custom vanson was something like 800 with all the crap. zips to pants too. its a really nice jacket though.

jc

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

When I was teaching my Nephew how to ride last year, the first thing I did was buy him a jacket as a holiday present (he had to buy the rest of his gear). He's a really slim guy, and the Teknic Chicane fit really good and it's a nice looking jacket too. He had one slow-speed crash and the jacket provided excellent protection, no damage to him or it. It think I paid $275.00 on sale-bike show price, regularly about $350.

The Icon stuff is high quality for the price. I have two and love them. I also have a Vanson that's awesome but if you don't want to spend the cash, the Icon is a great choice.

My wife got me a Vanson for christmas, it was about $500, and it is amazing and worth every penny. There is a cheaper one that they just came out with, I think it's called the "drifter" and it's less than $400. It has armor and everything but it's made in China or Pakistan. The patches are even black instead of yellow.

im not saying there arent as good jackets out there. i like the icon stuff too. i really like the alpine stars stuff. the only reason i got the vanson is cuz i had a connection there. ive crashed it several times, and you can hardly tell from 10" away. the stitching on the velcro closure has come apart. really annoying. the jacket is about 9 years old though. so...i cant complain. as far as im concerned, wearing a vanson is like riding an mv. one of the best, but also one of the most expensive. but worth every penny. its just good not everyone can afford one.

jc

Sponsored Links