A BMW I would buy...
Close

A BMW I would buy...

This is a discussion on A BMW I would buy... within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I HATE ALL THINGS BMW. Mainly the people. Its silly. Saw this and I would buy it, if they made it. Concept Lac Rose The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: A BMW I would buy...

A BMW I would buy...

I HATE ALL THINGS BMW.
    Mainly the people.

Its silly.

Saw this and I would buy it, if they made it.
    Concept Lac Rose

The rest of the R nine T makes me ill.....
    Have you seen the hipsters in the pictures?
    drgonzo, jcw and conghos like this.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

I didn't like the R Nine T at first, but I saw one with a bum stop seat getting flogged on the track in BMW race livery at Barber Vintage a couple of weeks ago, and it did very well, and seemed quite fast.
    I'd take one with a better seat.

The joke for the cars?

What's the difference between a BMW and a cactus?
    With a cactus, the pricks are on the inside......womp womp woooooommmmmp
    jaguar and jcw like this.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    I HATE ALL THINGS BMW.
    Mainly the people.

Its silly.

Saw this and I would buy it, if they made it.
    Concept Lac Rose

The rest of the R nine T makes me ill.....
    Have you seen the hipsters in the pictures?
    We have discussed your irrational hatred of bmw and how it keeps you from things like airhead bmws, 2002tiis, and 3.0Cs's. You need to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by thechief86 View Post
    What's the difference between a BMW and a cactus?
    With a cactus, the pricks are on the inside......womp womp woooooommmmmp
    It's a Porsche and a porcupine...and the porcupine the pricks are on the outside
    thechief86 and jcw like this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Dammit, yours sounds better....
    But I like cars with the engine in the back, so I'd take a Porsche over a BMW.

Honestly I just can't drink the airhead kool aid. I rode a little over 800 miles recently on a r75/5 and it wasn't terrible, just really not that good. Plugging endless miles? I think I smacked my shins countless times on the carb tops. It could be improved, but I just don't get the point. I had a deal lined up with an r100 before the ride, and afterward I was quick to forget the whole plan. I also own a couple e21s and an e24 so I'm not a BMW hater at least as far as cars go.

The r9t looks almost cool. Almost. I'd have to ride it before really formulating any opinion though. The foot position looks better and I'm sure it's less like a tractor than what I've ridden so far.

I also like tractor-y bikes, like the Moto Guzzi.
    As for the concept dirtbike above, I'd want a 21" front wheel and about 100 lbs less wherever we can lose it.
    I've ridden a BMW offroad a bit, and that experience was enough to deterr me from buying a BMW for offroading, simply because I know that I make up for a lack of talent with ambition, which leads to me having to pick my bike up somewhat often in the woods. Shit gets old, son.

EDIT: It does look pretty great though.
    Last edited by thechief86; 10-19-2016 at 02:17 PM.
    WERA689 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thechief86 View Post
    Dammit, yours sounds better....
    But I like cars with the engine in the back, so I'd take a Porsche over a BMW.
    So would I, worse than that I would take a 996 911, which is like the most hated porsche ever made since the 924 (to be fair the only reason the 924 isn't hated as much any more is because anybody who remembers one has Alzheimer's). I doesn't stop me from laughing at jokes like this:
    A very self-important young man goes out and buys what he believes is the best car available: a 1997 Porsche 911 Turbo. It is one of the fastest and most expensive cars in the world.

That night, he takes it out for a spin and, while doing so, stops at a red light. An old man on a mo-ped (both looking about 90 years old) pulls up next to him. The old man looks over the sleek, shiny surface of the car and asks, "What kind of car ya' got there, sonny?"

The young man replies, "A 1997 Porsche 911 Turbo. It cost me $100,000."

"That's a lot of money," replies the old man. "Why do they cost so much?"

"Because this car can do up to 180 miles an hour!" states the young man proudly.

The mo-ped driver asks, "Can I take a look inside?"

"Sure," replies the owner.

So the old man pokes his head in the window and looks around. Leaning back on his mo-ped, the old man says, "That's a pretty nice car, all right!"

Just then the light changes, so the young guy decides to show the old man what his car can do. He floors it, and within 10 seconds the speedometer reads 120 MPH. Suddenly, he notices a dot in his rear view mirror that seems to be getting closer! He slows down to see what it could be and suddenly, whhhoooossshhh! Something whips by him, going much faster!

"What on earth could be going faster than my Porsche 911 Turbo?" the young man asks himself. Then, ahead of him, he sees a dot coming toward him. Whoooooosh! It goes by again, heading the opposite direction! And, it almost looked like the old man on the mo-ped!

"Couldn't be," thinks the guy. "How could a mo-ped outrun a Porsche 911 Turbo?"

Again, he sees a dot in his rear view mirror! Whooooosh-BLAMMM! It plows into the back of his car. The young man jumps out. It is the old man!
    Of course, the mo-ped and the old man are hurting for certain. He runs up to the old man and says, "You're hurt bad! Is there anything I can do for you?"
    The old man groans and replies, "Yes. Unhook my suspenders from your side mirror, please."

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAIN AWESOME View Post
    Honestly I just can't drink the airhead kool aid. I rode a little over 800 miles recently on a r75/5 and it wasn't terrible, just really not that good. Plugging endless miles? I think I smacked my shins countless times on the carb tops. It could be improved, but I just don't get the point. I had a deal lined up with an r100 before the ride, and afterward I was quick to forget the whole plan. I also own a couple e21s and an e24 so I'm not a BMW hater at least as far as cars go.

The r9t looks almost cool. Almost. I'd have to ride it before really formulating any opinion though. The foot position looks better and I'm sure it's less like a tractor than what I've ridden so far.
    It's really just something different. In my life I have ridden a /5, an R90S, and a 90's R1100S and the only one that stirred my soul was the R90S, but not enough to lust after one. Don't get me wrong I want one, but i'll get around to it. A guzzi on the other hand? I'm kind of obsessed with them after riding a 90's 1000s.
    thechief86 likes this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Geeto67, jcw and thechief86 like this.

jcw
    The new S1000R and the newish S1000RR are technical wonders.
    I just can't get over the boner sapping looks. What's up with the assymetrical headlights anyway?

The R nine T is actually rather attractive in person and looks small unlike the R75/90/100 bikes.

The even newer watercooled R-series are pretty damn amazing but a generally bigger looking bike.

The early 70's R bikes are an acquired taste. They feel big, wide and comfortable. Like sitting on a sofa. But was easy to steering, almost light. The engine was uninspiring but durable and supposedly easy to work on. (have not had the pleasure to ride an R90S)
    Yeah, not unlike sitting on a tractor with plush leather seats. It's OK for what it is...
    Last edited by jcw; 10-19-2016 at 01:45 PM.

The good news...if it is a French Heritage bike....it probably has a reverse gear
    thechief86 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links