Unidentified bike!
Close

Unidentified bike!

This is a discussion on Unidentified bike! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hello, brand new to the forum. To be honest I'm only making this account right now to see if anyone can identify a bike for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Unidentified bike!

Unidentified bike!

Hello, brand new to the forum. To be honest I'm only making this account right now to see if anyone can identify a bike for me. I everything works out with it then I will most likely become an active member. Regardless, please, anyone, help!
    My uncle recently sent me two pictures of a bike that he picked up for me but it has no title. So I don't know what year, model, or size. At least until I get it here (Minnesota to Florida) and can (presumably) identify it by looking up the VIN. (I'm not an expert, can you tell yet?)
    I'd like to know the year, model, and size ASAP so that I can order an original manual and start burying myself in it.
    Anyway, this is the only picture (technically pictures...) that I have. I THINK its a CB? Looks like it to me but again... NOT an expert. I think the term novice or absolute beginner and has never done any automotive projects of any sort in his life would best describe it...
    If anyone can tell me anything, I would greatly appreciate it!!!
    Name:  hondacb2.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  156.2 KB
    Name:  hondacb1.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  167.2 KB
    Name:  hondacb.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  232.4 KB

do you have a motorcycle license?

That bike isn't worth it even if it's free. Do yourself a favor and buy a newer (used) bike that runs and learn basic maintenance and riding skills on that.

That bike is barely worth the parts its made of
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

It is a honda cb550 from about 1974-1976. If you had the vin you could probably look up the year.

The bike is a wreck though, it will probably cost more than it is ever worth to even get running. you can buy running ones in your area for $2000, they are not rare.
    Last edited by Geeto67; 11-01-2016 at 03:25 PM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

If it's been stored outside in Minnesota it's not worth the effort of getting it down to Florida. No title, needs everything, and is 1200 miles away. What could possibly go wrong with that? Free bikes are one of the most expensive ways to get into motorcycles...
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Wow, did not expect to get any responses so soon. I appreciate it. The bike itself is free as well as the transportation. I don't expect to do much of anything with this bike aside from learning. I'd like to eventually have a bike to ride that I've fixed myself. I don't expect this bike to be that one, though. I'm hoping that I can just start learning the basics. Thanks, though, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by daaguilar View Post
    Wow, did not expect to get any responses so soon. I appreciate it. The bike itself is free as well as the transportation. I don't expect to do much of anything with this bike aside from learning. I'd like to eventually have a bike to ride that I've fixed myself. I don't expect this bike to be that one, though. I'm hoping that I can just start learning the basics. Thanks, though, everyone.

Go for it, you can learn to clean carburetors and how not to store a motorcycle.

... that particular one looks a lot like what I usually refer to as a Stolen Discarded motorcycle

Keep it for parts while you look for a running CB550.

Quote Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
    Keep it for parts while you look for a running CB550.
    this. It's always handy to have a parts bike.
    pwalo likes this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Thanks trialsrider, drgonzo, and geeto67 for the input, that's what I'll do then.

stick around then, because the guys here are intimately familiar with all the nasty stuff you are going to discover inside that thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links