what do you guys think
Close

what do you guys think

This is a discussion on what do you guys think within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; so i got a friend that i have known since kindergarten, he is an awsome guy, well he bought a 1986 yamaha radian 600cc last ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what do you guys think

so i got a friend that i have known since kindergarten, he is an awsome guy, well he bought a 1986 yamaha radian 600cc last summer and he has the bike striped apart and came and gave it to me to paint it up for him, all he said is he likes orange and wouldn't mind a lil black in there, and he said i don't care what u do with it just make it look bad ass, so i am thinking i am gonna paint it fusion orange which is a burnt orange with a high perl in it, and this color is from honda, and then i was thinking black metalic ghost flames.

i duno, ya all should tell me what u think, maybe we can come up with something a little more origina

the lil guy

McClaren Orange with semi flat black accent in a seventies race style would be far better.http://www.ifilm.com/video/2682153?loomia_si=1

take a ride in a v12 mid engine super car to help get the mood of "ORANGE"

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

Ok, How do you do "ghost flames" in a different solid color? Not knocking you (yet), just trying to understand what Ghost flames actually refer to nowadays.

True ghost flames (I learned a long time ago) are a different textured clear coat (like pearl or fine metallic) or very light tinting (a neutral color like silver) over the base color so that it only appears when light hits it. Black ghost flames don't work on an orange bike because it is impossible. YOu could do a thin fade balck flame where the flame is black but fades to the background color fairly quickly.

There is a style reffered to as ghost flame where the flames have little faces and skulls and such but save that crap for the HD crowd.

Personally Candies and Heavy flake are making a comeback. I say heavy heavy heavy flake with HOK candy orange and pearl white or black detailing. I like flames but they are kind of overused, do 1950's style scallops or hockey stick stripes or bumble bee stripes.

A neat trick black is Subaru Impreza blacks. They have a tiny metal flake so they still look black (too much flake and black looks gray) and the clear coat is tinted different colors (only shows in dierct sunlight and even then it is subtle). 2005 was copper brown tint, 2002 it was blue, 2000 it was red. Looks great and is not an expensive paint.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

solid colors make it look more race,flames are for rods and harleys.
    Cafe is simple,stripped down thats why they have that badass look to them.its the nuts and bolts mechanica look that nails the cafe racer style to me.More detail in pantina of metal parts then a truely well executed custom paint job .personally I like them to look like they were takin apart and reassembled ,so you see that every nut and bolt was cafefully assembled.

Something Edward Siccor hands would ride,or if you ever saw the movie harold and maude when he chops his new jaq xke into a funeral coach .In a Mad Max ...early Mad Max mind set .Put these three concepts and feels and textures into your mental blender and thats a paint scheme inspiration pool.with a splash of Clock Work Orange.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

If you have Orange and Black, and you're painting it like a Harley...

How about the new XL 1200 Nightster setup, Satin black under satin orange... Not at all original. But I like it.

Hey By'

that harley is el yucko. that looks like a weekend warrior off duty cop bike......yuck..

alright lol i see how u guys feal about those colors, personaly i would have gone with the original red and black layout that it was already, but remember this isn't my bike, the way i was gonna do the flames was basicaly spray the base coat, then make a midcoat, more base then clear. i've done panles like this before, it seams to work out pretty well, ok ok i know it isn't a true ghost but it is very close, and the reason it works, is you can do it if you over reduce the basecoat so it turns some what transparent over the midcoat. by the way we arn't doing ghost flames, the only reason i had was gonna do those is because he had mentioned at 1 time that he likes those, but i talked him out of that, now he was thinking a set of stripes down the top left of the tank because the gass fill is on the right side.

the lil guy

I kindalike the satin orange and black. But I am partial to orange

Pete

No, the paint colors are cool... the bike is ugly itself.... orange and blacks not bad.... black with orange scallops would be cool....

My gs 550EF is painted 2 tone sunburst orange with pewter and has some pewter highlights around the vents in the fairings. I like it

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links