Hyosung Motorcycles
Close

Hyosung Motorcycles

This is a discussion on Hyosung Motorcycles within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hello Gentlemen , This is probably a stupid question. I could read some consumer report reviews but I would rather ask this large group here. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hyosung Motorcycles

Hyosung Motorcycles

Hello Gentlemen , This is probably a stupid question. I could read some consumer report reviews but I would rather ask this large group here. Are these quality bikes or not, assuming they are cared for correctly ect...

You get what you pay for.
    I'd rather pay for a used example of something better.
    They are quite underwhelming, but dependable enough as far as Chinese stuff goes.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

Hyosung is Korean. They are good bikes at the price point and from what i know they back their product.. However i will say that chiefs suggestion should also be considered, a used bike doesnt come with a warranty. Remember that americans used to think jap bikes were junk.
    thechief86 and K9Swine like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Isn't the Hyosung engine the same as the Suzuki SV 650? I understand they are not a bad bike for the price, but like said above, underwhelming and you get what you pay for. Out of all the "B" list bikes it is probably the best brand. Must be a reason you can still pick up a brand new 2006 model year bike........There is a guy up in Presque Isle with a bunch of them (Presque Isle is in Maine, as is K9swine, though they are a LONG way from each other)

The hyosung 150 scooter I got for my wife and few years ago said "made in China ". It was an ok thing, but burned a little oil and I had to pretty much disassemble it after about 5k km to put loctite on every screw and bolt, and re-torque everything.
    Also had to replace the CVT belt before 5k km
    I had to make a muffler for it because the original fell apart, but it ended up ok after lots of work.
    I bought it used with 300 km, too old to have a warranty.
    It also ran out of oil one time and locked up, and I was able to let it cool while pushing it to a gas station, then once it had some oil in it, it ran fine for another couple of years before it was stolen.
    It was a piece of shit, but it was a fun piece of shit, and got my wife interested in riding her own bike.
    I definitely wouldn't call it a bad experience
    Last edited by thechief86; 01-18-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

Quote Originally Posted by JackC View Post
    Isn't the Hyosung engine the same as the Suzuki SV 650?
    It's the same engineering and dimensions but as I understand it nothing interchanges since it is not licensed. Hyosung was one of the suppliers for the SV650 engine for suzuki and the licensing agreement prevents them from having a direct copy. Riding one though - the characteristics are the same.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by JackC View Post
    Isn't the Hyosung engine the same as the Suzuki SV 650? I understand they are not a bad bike for the price, but like said above, underwhelming and you get what you pay for. Out of all the "B" list bikes it is probably the best brand. Must be a reason you can still pick up a brand new 2006 model year bike........There is a guy up in Presque Isle with a bunch of them (Presque Isle is in Maine, as is K9swine, though they are a LONG way from each other)
    Yeah, wouldn't need to go to Aroostook County there is a shop that's sells them about 10 minutes from where I am. I have been thinking what DOHC said about Japanese bikes at their starting out.
    I actually like to PM my equipment & cars ect. Thinking if I don't use it to rough might make one last awhile. A lot of used big brand bikes around just don't want to get something that's been abused and get a surprise. I have a 42 year old Honda to get on the street right now, just haven't made the time to work on it, a lot of you guys could have on the road in a week im sure. Thanks for your input guys.

The Hyosung engine is an improvement on the sv engine. It has 10 more hp. I highly doubt they are similar in power delivery characteristics, but then again ive never rode a Hyo so i would never make that call....

Yes many popular bike mannies contract taiwanese korean chinese etc and they do it because the product is as good and much more affordable. I am a proponent of supporting any manufacturer as long as they back their product, which my sources say hyosung does very well.
    Last edited by DohcBikes; 01-18-2017 at 01:00 PM.

I would expect that a Hyosung would have very low resale value, which does not matter if you plan on keeping it a long time.

Is the local dealer you mention Cumberland County Scooter in Portland?

[QUOTE=JackC;480521]I would expect that a Hyosung would have very low resale value, which does not matter if you plan on keeping it a long time.

Is the local dealer you mention Cumberland County Scooter in Portland?[/QUOTE

I don't think that place is in business anymore. Alpha Sports Limerick. I have not stopped in in years not sure if they have the 650 is 250 a complete waste of time if I am just going to ride 50 miles a day?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links