1974 RD350
Close

1974 RD350

This is a discussion on 1974 RD350 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I just bought a rd350. The bike was recently restored engine fully redone. It's pretty awesome the bike is runing half way through the kick ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1974 RD350

1974 RD350

I just bought a rd350. The bike was recently restored engine fully redone. It's pretty awesome the bike is runing half way through the kick each time I've went to start it. It runs and rides great. I gave 200 for it and have the free money to do some customization to it. I really want clubman bars and something has to be done with the seat. although it's a very nice NOS seat. any thoughts on where to get what I need. Also how do you know what bars will fit?

Thanks. I love this site by the way.

Damn!!!
    200 for a nicely running RD350!
    Why can't I ever find STEALS like that?!!

Lucky SOB!!

How 'bout some pics just to make me turn a little more green?

That, even though I have 2 RD350's, 1 RZ350, 1 RD125 and 1 RD60, but I don't ever see deals like that.

BTW I will have some RD350 J&R Expansion Chambers for sale soon. I won't sell anything unservicable; I need to get the mounts fixed, first (cracked through @ bolt holes).
    They are nice because they allow retention of all stands, and have good power characteristics.
    All RD350s have a slight hiccup in the powerband around 5.1-5.3k rpm. This can be remedied by getting RZ style manifolds that have the crossover (balance) tube. I'll have to check sources but I have a lot of info/links on RD stuff. I also have a used set of Clubmans I'll let go cheap. If your seat is indeed a nice new NOS one, take it off as soon as you can find an older one the needs new foam/recovering.
    Make a drawing OR find a picture of the seat style you want (I imagine it'll be some type of TT/Cafe style) and send the ravaged pan with the picture(s) and foam/seat cover/color selections to Sargent's in Florida. They specialize only in custom motorcycle seats, are better quality and cheaper than Corbin, plus they're much easier to deal with.
    Congratulations of finding such a good deal!!

Edited by - Quicklimegirl on Mar 11 2007 9:52:44 PM

Damn I never get good deals like that, oh wait I got my CB750 for free, it just didn't run but a valve adjustment and I rebuilt the carbs and she runs great now

22/m
    1980 Honda CB750
    1972 Oldsmobile 442

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

hey Quicklimegirl when will you have the chambers ready for sale? and what do you want fer em, some pics would be nice also. I'd be very intrested in them.

It'll be at least a couple weeks, I have to wait 'til my friend's available to weld, and 'til I have the other Chambers I bought mounted okay before they go. I paid $250 for them plus $27 in shipping. Yeah, that's a bit spendy for used Chambers, but they're very hard to find, it took almost 10 years of looking to find these sets, it was weird, then the chrome set came up on eBay right after this black set. These chambers are among the only ones the use the stock headpipes (included) so the flow is proper. Look at a set of those sh*tty DGs some time...you'll see how the headpipe area isn't designed properly, it doesn't come into the first cone quite right. If you have an old copy of Gordon Jennings' seminal text, "The two stroke tuner's handbook" the chapter on Expansion Chamber design explains why this is important. It's funny, the picture of the "wrong" design looks identical to the DG headpipe design!

I'll post pictures when they're ready to mount and you can get a proper look then. Usually I price stuff pretty cheap, to help out others & fund my own projects a bit, but on these I'm not really interested in negotiating a price less than what I paid, just because it took so long to find 'em and I wouldn't mind having a spare set.

FUCK CLUBMAN BARS!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK THEM RIGHT IN THE GOAT ASS

fuckin' clubmans.

Other than that, welcome. No go buy a set of clipons you pansy.

quote:
    FUCK CLUBMAN BARS!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK THEM RIGHT IN THE GOAT ASS
    fuckin' clubmans.
    Other than that, welcome. No go buy a set of clipons you pansy.
    Tell 'em how you REALLY feel about Clubmans....:-)

Are you in need of some valium or something?

Actually, I took my Clubmans off because I prefer the Z1000 bar on it now. Never really liked being hunched over, even when I was young.

Once again I agree with Geeto. I hate clubman bars. If you want low bars get clip-ons. They are adjustable and they fit. If you want regular bars then go with superbike bars or something of the sort. I can even stand drag bars in some cases, but clubmans SUCK,SUCK, SUCK.

I can even work up some JohnnyB. level hate for clubman bars and those that use them. HATE.HATE.HATE

Ken

Did you see in Motorcycle Clasics letters section that Geeto now has a fan.

AHRMA 412
    Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

yeah apparently I am the John Belushi of Vintage motorcycling. Who knew. Of course this doesn't bode well for me considering how he ended up.

Quicklime - do a search about clubmans and you'll see a lot of hate on this board (and some love) for them. Pretty much mentioning them here ensures almost permanent newbie / wannabe status. they suck.

I also agree with you on the hunched over bit, my long distance and daily riders have superbike bars on them. High enough to save my back but low enough for the ladies.

BTW was is the name girl in your handle if you are a dude?

Witmen - clubmans make you gay, it's true ask any pastor or village person.

FR
    quote:

BTW was is the name girl in your handle if you are a dude?

Dude, what makes you think she's a dude...

FR

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links