So, what do ya' think? - Page 2
Close

So, what do ya' think?

This is a discussion on So, what do ya' think? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Geeto67 They won't sell. True dat. Baggers....Baggers.........BAGGERS!!.......... that's the recipe. Anything else is an eventual tax write-off for HD....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: So, what do ya' think?

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    They won't sell.
    True dat.

Baggers....Baggers.........BAGGERS!!.......... that's the recipe. Anything else is an eventual tax write-off for HD.

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    True dat.

Baggers....Baggers.........BAGGERS!!.......... that's the recipe. Anything else is an eventual tax write-off for HD.
    What sucks is that Harley NEEDS the market segment they've failed so miserably with.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen J View Post
    On par with the Kawasaki Z650? Are they talking the 68 hp? Weight and handling I would think are pretty far apart. And most likely fuel consumption. Don't get me wrong I like it and I am not a Harley fan. Just that comparison seems a bit of a reach.
    When you put it in context it makes perfect sense. The statement was made while speaking about the motor:
    To that end, the Street Rod reportedly offers 8-10 percent more torque (depending on market) through the mid-range than on the Street 750, and 18-20 percent more horsepower. No official figures have been offered, but based on Street 750 dyno figures and our own fuzzy math, that suggests the Street Rod will deliver roughly 68 hp at peak (8750 rpm) and 47 lb-ft of torque at 4000 rpm. Pretty decent numbers that – on paper – put it on par with the new Kawasaki Z650.
    The Street 750 makes around 58hp, with the full point bump in compression and other changes to the motor it is expected to be in the same range as the Z650 at 68hp, on par.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer_John View Post
    What sucks is that Harley NEEDS the market segment they've failed so miserably with.
    Keep in mind that 70% of Harley's revenue does not come off motorcycle sales.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

keep in mind 68hp is also what an aircooled pre 2016 triumph new bonneville makes. the Guzzi v7 makes less. you don't need a lot of HP to have a good riding bike. Most 883 sportsters were 49hp as was the RS750 honda.

Here is what I like:
    - It's a standard with a standard riding position
    - suspension
    - wheels
    - brakes
    - rear seat stylng

Here is what I don't like:
    - tank and overall styling (looks a little parts bin and confused and is not retro enough).
    - bars
    - mirrors
    - it may steal sales from the sportster roadster because both bikes fill the same niche.

Overall I think Harley needs more bikes like this. They need to be thinking world market and this is a world market bike. I just don't know if they know how to sell american culture to the ROW that isn't a chopper or a cruiser.
    thechief86 likes this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    Keep in mind that 70% of Harley's revenue does not come off motorcycle sales.
    So where do you figure it comes from?
    Download PDF - Investor Relations - Harley-Davidson

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer_John View Post
    We are going to have to agree to disagree and here's why.......

HD does not even remotely need this segment. Sometimes I feel these model types are geared more to foreign markets than here in the US. HD already owns over 50% of the US market. For every 1 goldwing they sell 12 baggers. It's something like 7 out of 10 bikes over 600cc is an HD in the US.......literally beating everything combined. And they do all this without a real entry level model.

Consider this.....the fastest growing segment is young folks to HD.......while a majority of the other manufacturers saw a decrease in this segment. Incredible considering they have not offered a viable entry level machine since the 70s and 60s.

It's the lifestyle man..........and old fat guys on bmws, wings and guzzis are lame (at least in the eyes of the cool kids)

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    So where do you figure it comes from?
    Download PDF - Investor Relations - Harley-Davidson
    Well those numbers a far cry from what I've read in the past about there memorabilia, apparel and merchandise. It seems those are just a fraction of the 1.3 billion dollars. They sold almost 88000 bikes averaging $15k ea.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    We are going to have to agree to disagree and here's why.......

HD does not even remotely need this segment. Sometimes I feel these model types are geared more to foreign markets than here in the US. HD already owns over 50% of the US market. For every 1 goldwing they sell 12 baggers. It's something like 7 out of 10 bikes over 600cc is an HD in the US.......literally beating everything combined. And they do all this without a real entry level model.

Consider this.....the fastest growing segment is young folks to HD.......while a majority of the other manufacturers saw a decrease in this segment. Incredible considering they have not offered a viable entry level machine since the 70s and 60s.

It's the lifestyle man..........and old fat guys on bmws, wings and guzzis are lame (at least in the eyes of the cool kids)
    Harley doesn't "need" it from a revenue standpoint. They need it if their company is going to have a future. They need to start making in-roads now to a diverse market so that if and when the cruiser market tanks they are diverse enough to not feel it. When sportbikes tank, gold wings still sell. When crusiers tank, dirt bikes still sell. Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha don't feel the market trends like HD does because they have a diverse product line.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Leave it to the lawyer to say what the truck driver means...
    thechief86 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links