So, what do ya' think? - Page 3
Close

So, what do ya' think?

This is a discussion on So, what do ya' think? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; There's too many wannabe pirates out there for the HD market to ever tank....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: So, what do ya' think?

There's too many wannabe pirates out there for the HD market to ever tank.

US price $8700... Down here will be $24000 more or less...

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    They need to start making in-roads now to a diverse market so that if and when the cruiser market tanks they are diverse enough to not feel it. When sportbikes tank, gold wings still sell. When crusiers tank, dirt bikes still sell. Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha don't feel the market trends like HD does because they have a diverse product line.
    Well if they want to start making in-roads into a diverse market then they can manufacture small little machines like Hero or Honda (kinda one in the same) and sell them to the largest market on earth.

But in America HD has been around for over 110 years and will continue to be dominant in the near future......no matter what really comes and goes. In fact it's the Japanese brands who are struggling to maintain 10% market share respectively...excluding honda. If you go back and look at history.....their hayday seems to have passed. Sure, they were found guilty of dumping bikes in the US in the 80s and nearly put HD out of business but they didnt. Me personally......I would put the peak of Japanese bikes into the 70s 80s and 90s with the 80s being the peak. Since then Kawasaki seems to be on their way out like Pontiac with its parent company Suzuki (my personal favorite) not doing much better. Honda is having problems with 700cc and above platforms not being moved that well. They keep well through off road platforms but then there's Polaris that's "choke slamming" everybody with their utvs and somewhat with their atvs. So the "thumpity.....thump...thump..." of the ancient v-twin still chugs along in the HD lineup with little improvement and little distraction.

I'm an expert in everything HD...... I owned one once (briefly)
    drgonzo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    ... Since then Kawasaki seems to be on their way out like Pontiac with its parent company Suzuki (my personal favorite) not doing much better.
    Are you saying Suzuki is Kawasaki's parent company?

I'm certainly no expert on the Japanese brands but I'd be pretty shocked to hear that was true. Kawasaki Heavy Industries is the parent company from what I can tell.
    Last edited by DesmoDog; 03-10-2017 at 01:55 PM.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Suzuki owns Suzuki. There was a joint venture with Kawasaki a few years back but no change of ownership.
    Last edited by woodsman; 03-10-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoDog View Post
    Are you saying Suzuki is Kawasaki's parent company?

I'm certainly no expert on the Japanese brands but I'd be pretty shocked to hear that was true. Kawasaki Heavy Industries is the parent company from what I can tell.
    Woodsman is correct......it was a joint venture.

The reason I call Suzuki the parent company was that during the time of this collaboration.......a few Suzuki models (off-road) were in production before the re-badged Kawasaki were introduced. The LTZ was a perfect example of what folks were saying at the time that it was first.......the LTZ400 before the KFX400..... although both models were maiden the same year .....2003. In fact after the collaboration some models, DR, KLX, etc.....production shifted to R.O.C.. To a lot of folks in the off road arena is seemed pathetic and perhaps even damaging to the Suzuki brand.

It was clear at the time that both companies where suffering in the market but Kawasaki seemed to fair worse......even though I think Jamie Stewart was still on board with kawasaki.....I can't really remember. To me....it was always like K-Mart and Sears...2 failing companies.......getting together to take on Wal-Mart.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links