Stolen Suzuki GS550
Close

Stolen Suzuki GS550

This is a discussion on Stolen Suzuki GS550 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hey, probably a long shot but my Suzuki GS550, 1979, Reg NWY923V was stolen last night in Wandsworth, south London. In case anyone sees anything ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Stolen Suzuki GS550

Stolen Suzuki GS550

Hey, probably a long shot but my Suzuki GS550, 1979, Reg NWY923V was stolen last night in Wandsworth, south London. In case anyone sees anything for sale would appreciate it if you could drop me an email on [email protected]

Thanks

Alex

That totally sucks, motorcycle thieves deserve to slowly rot in hell while impaled on a sharp stick.
    are you looking for your bike or a replacement ? If you are looking for your bike then a photo might help a whole bunch or at the very least a description of anything unique that might help identify your bike.

Wait, they stole a 1979 GS550? why would they even do that you didn't put USD forks on it did you?

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post

Wait, they stole a 1979 GS550? why would they even do that you didn't put USD forks on it did you?
    He left it in Wandsworth, London. Anything that is not nailed down will be taken away.
    conghos likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

If you haven't done so already, it might be worth your while signing up to a few Facebook groups.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Quote Originally Posted by hillsy View Post
    He left it in Wandsworth, London. Anything that is not nailed down will be taken away.
    I read about that, seems that they don't even try to start the bike any more they just ride along side on a scooter and push it with one foot. Brutal that people pay so little attention to that. Bikes are definitely destined to being parted out and stripped of anything valuable.

Smells like organized crime activity to me no way would you recognize the bike by now.
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 03-10-2017 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    I read about that, seems that they don't even try to start the bike any more they just ride along side on a scooter and push it with one foot. Brutal that people pay so little attention to that. Bikes are definitely destined to being parted out and stripped of anything valuable.
    lolwut? Real thieves just show up with a windowless van and huck the thing in the back. Only joyriders and amateurs steal the bike on foot. They even steal cars this way now with "phantom" tow trucks that have hidden tow dollies (eagles claws or under bed hydraulic dollies) or that hide their registration numbers/plates (black vinyl lettering on a black vehicle, plate obscured by tow bar).
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

You gotta remember this is in London, short distances, narrow roads and people stacked on top of one another.

Check this out! If this took place in the USA there would have been a guns-a-blazing altercation for sure.
    Stephen J likes this.

There's a couple of photos below. I suspected someone had a go at the lock last year but this time they cut through everything it was bolted to and took fence and all. With the back wheel locked and the fact they took the fence with them I guess it was into a back of a van. I would love it back as sentimental value is the main thing it offers. If not, will be waiting on insurance and see what else I can get I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well the dirty rotten thieves! :/ what does a person have to do to protect their property, put a bunch of them down? and you know the sad thing is; it is highly illegal to booby trap your own motorcycle maybe they need to relax that law in London for a while.

... apparently there are very small tracking devices available now that can be concealed inside a vehicle and track the whereabouts of your stolen property, thinking you might want to look into that for the next bike. :/ although I'm not sure what you could do to the pricks if you did catch them.

Ha!

We need about 6 of these per bike, strategically located for the most severe possible effect:

-> http://www.ant-supplies.uk/bits-and-...arm-mines.html
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 03-12-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links