Barber Festival Space Available - Page 2
Close

Barber Festival Space Available

This is a discussion on Barber Festival Space Available within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; ime experience you only ever need it after you have turfed it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Barber Festival Space Available

ime experience you only ever need it after you have turfed it.

I am definitely not offering the space for someone who is only interested in camping. I have had these spots for
    5 yrs and have no intention of losing them. It just so happens that this year I don't need all the space and would
    prefer making it available to someone that wants to sell parts that I have at least had some contact with rather
    than a total stranger.

I am not in the parts or bike selling business. I just take stuff I have accumulated throughout the year and I've
    never lost. My goal is to clean out the garage a little and make enough to cover the expense of spending the weekend
    at Barber. It's a great weekend.

I meant no offense in my offer; it was legitimate. Just stuff I don't need and it's more hassle for me to sell it onsie-twosie. I thought one of the other members could make a go of it (it's not junk).

Anyway...
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by s10hornet View Post
    I am definitely not offering the space for someone who is only interested in camping. I have had these spots for
    5 yrs and have no intention of losing them. It just so happens that this year I don't need all the space and would
    prefer making it available to someone that wants to sell parts that I have at least had some contact with rather
    than a total stranger.

I am not in the parts or bike selling business. I just take stuff I have accumulated throughout the year and I've
    never lost. My goal is to clean out the garage a little and make enough to cover the expense of spending the weekend
    at Barber. It's a great weekend.
    New guy in charge is cracking down. Got an e-mail yesterday that the waiting list is north of 300 people now, with no plans to expand until 2020. So, the people taking up 5 spots with an RV, buying a spot for a car, not really selling anything, they are giving the boot.

They should have started cracking down like this a few years ago. For the last two years I've been next to a guy that gets four spaces
    and doesn't sell anything. He rides around on a minibike all weekend looking for bikes to buy. He lets his friends use the other three
    spaces for camping. Then we have to put up with all their noise and carrying on all night. Several of us vendors around him complained
    to John last year. I don't know why they've waited so long to take action. They have had a waiting list every year now for about 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by s10hornet View Post
    They should have started cracking down like this a few years ago. For the last two years I've been next to a guy that gets four spaces
    and doesn't sell anything. He rides around on a minibike all weekend looking for bikes to buy. He lets his friends use the other three
    spaces for camping. Then we have to put up with all their noise and carrying on all night. Several of us vendors around him complained
    to John last year. I don't know why they've waited so long to take action. They have had a waiting list every year now for about 5 years.
    I know the guy. At least he bought a bike from me year before last.

Guy next to me sells melted 5 gallon buckets. He's an "artist."
    drgonzo and s10hornet like this.

I miss the old days...

That's my coffee pot plugged in at the restroom in the background. Free coffee to everyone, all weekend. Also, had a my toolbox handy and helped people everywhere that had mechanical issues. Also carried a few extra sleeping bags and blankets in case anyone forgot, or ride in and decided to stay, just return it where you got it from (never lost one)
    Last edited by grandpaul; 03-31-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    CaTacL1sm and s10hornet like this.
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links