bikes no longer look like bikes!!! - Page 3
Close

bikes no longer look like bikes!!!

This is a discussion on bikes no longer look like bikes!!! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; The headlight is from an old tractor (some things in common?). My friend had it laying around his farm shop and I made a bracket ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The headlight is from an old tractor (some things in common?). My friend had it laying around his farm shop and I made a bracket an slapped it on so I could ride the bike around his house in the dark(I had just finished making the axle spacers an rear caliper mount, and was ready for the maiden voyage. The timing was off and the thing was shootin foot long flames out the open pipe. It was great). The bike had a hand shifter taht I made out of an old hurst shifter (free). I was going to take off the front disc, and do a lot of other things, but I never got to finish it. I moved to Utah and sold the chop to a guy in Texas who I still occasionally talk to over the internet. He had a pretty badass new Bonneville cafe/streetfighter. This last pic was to prove to my autobody instructors that I got it running Jimmy

Ugh!! My eyes!!

When the F*ck did this become a Chopper forum??!!
    I want to see Cafe Racers.
    If I wanted to look a Choppers I'd be on a Chopper forum.
    WTF do people see is those hideous things anyway??

I'm agreeing with Quicklimegirl on this one. It is a good thing that Rat isn't needing my approval on this thing cause he isn't getting it. I'm all in favor of creativity, but I don't see it on this one. I don't see anything in the rendering that looks remotely like what the real bike could possibly end up to be. The tank and the frame tubes don't match up and the front end needs to have the rear raised to get some rake back in line.

Good luck with it but it won't be cafe.

Keep us updated.
    Ken

AHRMA 412
    Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I think it is cool, but nobody listens to me

In my defense, that's what was in at the time. What would you do with a $50 XS650 that was cut in half? I sold it for more than double what I had in it. Also, at the time I had an 82 XS Heritage Special, and I saw some pics of a cafe'd XS, and wanted to go that route with mine. I showed the cafe pics to kids in my collision class and they said it would be dumb to make my bike look like that. Well, now I've got a Cb750 that I'm building into an endurance racer replica, and no plans to hardtail it . Jimmy
    P.S. Here's a pic of my old XS (unfortunately had to sell it to move back to Iowa-My first bike, bought for $200 and paintball gear when I was 18-That bike was the nicest thing I ever owned)

jimmy,

it's cool. ken is just bitter (literally) from being in alaska, and lime girl can only consider 2strokes as a motorcycle. betcha if it was an rd chopper she'd of been less critical, but who the fuck really cares.

i dig the fact that you built something, rode it a bit, and sold it for a profit.

all these malcontents can go pound sand.

texy

quote:
    and lime girl can only consider 2strokes as a motorcycle. betcha if it was an rd chopper she'd of been less critical
    Well, I've actually seen abortions, AKA RD-based Choppers before, which, after puking, I considered potential motivation for violence against the guilty party who so desecrated them...

I also happen to have two 4-strokes in my garage (not vintage, a '95 250 Ninja--my nephew's learner bike, and a '03 Z1000) and I have a particular fondness for late '70's KZ's, so that kind of throws your presumptions out the window.....The mildy Cafe'd one below was among my favorites of the KZ's I've owned, it handled really well for a fairly heavy bike.

I still fail to grasp what people see in Choppers...and never will.

rat
    Different strokes...

I fail to see what people "see" in modern power cruisers, or 800 pound fully faired garbage wagons... or fuel injected plasticized sportbikes.

I like vintage bikes... period bobbers, garage built chops, homebuilt cafes, stock vintage bikes (some of 'em...)

Homemade Chops are cool because they're unique. Not all chops are ill-handling, underpowered pieces of crap, and many have as much effort put into their performance as Cafes... an off the shelf "chop" (factory custom) is a lump of overpriced ass-jewelry

At the end of the day, it's two wheels and an engine. Some can lean further, some are more comfortable, some go way too fast, some lump along at a sedate pace. They're all fun.

One man's story
    is another man's shame,
    Ain't bound for glory
    I'm bound for flames

this is my chop:

Id have to agree with the chopper,bobber cafe racer as being appealing, in the garage built sence.The fact you can get on and ride what your mind and hands has created is really THE DRIVING factor of it all.
    I remember putting so much energy and detail and imagination into a custom car scale model one day ,after years of building them.And realizing that after all my efforts it wasnt going to go down the street and i couldnt ever ride it .I hung up scale model building and found an old Bugeye austin healey sprite when i was 16 ,and rebuilt and drove it and never looked back at model building and moved onto what ever was cool to build in my garage or basement or carport , something anything i could build modify and drive down the road. hey not every one has good taste, but everyone that trys and gets the thing back on the road deserves my respect be it Cafe ,bobber or chopper..and does it in thier style without spending dump trucks loaded with money at it .

Its the barrett jacksons and the high end chopper and custom rod craze that yanks slaps and jerks the fun out of the hands of the creative so they have to look in other directions for a creative outlet.

I love looking at anyones homemade mechanical ride just because I ussually find a new idea or twist on an old idea .
    Its all good!

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links