Completely non bike related ?? but gotta
Close

This is a discussion on Completely non bike related ?? but gotta within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I'm asking because the knowledge band width here has shown to be pretty broad. I was cleaning out a barn and under a tarp (I ...

I'm asking because the knowledge band width here has shown to be pretty broad. I was cleaning out a barn and under a tarp (I know this is where I got excited too) I found......... a lathe. Lil surface rust but well made and in good shape. Everything I know I learned in shop class 40 years ago. Searches have come up empty. No picture , I know, but it was a dark dirty barn and pissing rain. I do have a description and some names and markings though. So it's bright orange and appears to have a foot mechanism on it. It will take a 3 ft long turn. Markings = Akron Products > Martin Creasey Comp. > Larvic Lathe > and in the model tag I think it said "Akron Major" other than that it had a couple of Union Jacks on it and an Ipswich UK address. On the odd chance someone here has heard of it I'd like any info I can get. I've posted on some woodwork forums too. Could be a cool addition to the shed or get turned into bike parts.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

'tis a treadle lathe, so says the interwebs.
    Some history:
    Larvic Treadle Wood lathe

NE
    Subscribe to SIX HOT ISSUES!! of WarmPipe for only $29.99!!! Interweb NOW!!!!!

Sponsored Links