Badass of the year
Close

Badass of the year

This is a discussion on Badass of the year within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; 2007 isn't very old but it's going to take something big to top Bayliss as Badass of the year http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Apr/070401a.htm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bfd

Badass of the year

2007 isn't very old but it's going to take something big to top Bayliss as Badass of the year
    http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Apr/070401a.htm

ouch. ouch.

Branson requested his finger to be cut off too so he could continue throwing snow . . .

FR
    "It's just a flesh wound...I've had worse"

FR

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Didn't Dale Quarterly do the same thing in the 80s? I think it was the little figer on his left hand.
    Ken

AHRMA 412
    Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

Little known fact: The loss of a finger automatically qualifies him to be a high school shop teacher in all 50 states.

So he's got that going for him...

Seriously, that's gotta suck.

Honda go sideways!

Might be a good reminder to everyone, the next time you get race gloves get the kind with the connected ring/little finger thingies.

When that little finger gets by itself and trapped between the clip on and the ground it takes some real abuse...that's why they started making gloves like that.

A finger would have to be really screwed up to have to remove it at the level of care these pro's get. I mean mine were mincemeat and they still put them back together. They almost couldn't save my little finger...they present special problems when it comes to circulation and healing. Mine was grafted to my ring finger for a month or so to get blood from it...a relatively new proceedure for fingers. I got lucky and had a hot-shot doctor that my wife knew. Bayliss if we wants to race doesn't have the same options I had...I could have my hand out of commission for a few months, he might not want that option. It's typically only from the middle knuckle down, so it could be worse.
    JohnnyB

mick doohan did that graft/blood flow thing with his leg and was able to walk (and be champion!) again. now HE'S a sick bagger. (bicycle term). don't think john holmes could have pulled off that kind of return to action though. although i think that bobit guy had a kid after his little problem with the ginsu. damn those doctors (and nurses...mary) are amazing.
    parks

that happened to kurt liebman im pretty sure on the 888. when it went down it caught his hand between the clip and tank. it ground through his glove and fucked his hand all up. i cant even imagine. gloves are one of the best investments you can make. especially if you work with your hands. good gloves are as important as good boots, leathers, or a helmet. has anyone else thought about bark busters?

jc

aaron, send my wheel.

Looks like Bayliss is going to race next race. They took off the two end joints of his little finger. I wonder if he might reconsider....that baby is going to hurt something awful for a couple of weeks. And using all the fingers next to it is going to really aggrevate it.
    JohnnyB

JB
    nothing new.... in the rally world, colin mccrae was also requesting to get his left pinky cut off because he wanted to do the next rally. his team boss decided to adapt the shifter on the other side of the wheel instead! McCrae: bad ass of the decade. period.

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links