ahhhhh........
Close

ahhhhh........

This is a discussion on ahhhhh........ within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ahhhhh........

ahhhhh........

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

That lotus is flying

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

Some local rich guy has a Catherham (sp?) 2 seater coupe kinda similar to that Lotus (front engine tho'). Man he rips around in that thing...Only car I've ever seen that honestly looks like it "rides on rails" around tight corners.

Honda go sideways!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

JB
    what the fuck is that lotus driver doing? drinking tea? eating fucking crumpets? did he forget to shift it in 2nd? cause that douche was taking his time..... oh, wait, he was driving a british shit box, i forgot!

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

could say the same thing about the r1 rider....

still was a good ride if you were stuck in the wintery rain still or worse snow..the track is nice no cops no traffic coming at you or side ways,just whats in front and behind you and whats behind you doesnt matter.

All lotus 7 cars are front engine or front wheel drive,there is on made up in newhampshire called a Locost which converts a miata into one.the britsh love over powering these, one inch multi tube frames.
    Chaterhams even in kit for are expensive typ ein locost 7 in ebay the guy in new hampshire pops up.the best thing is the are bike like and you can put any enging into it.the latest thing is of course bike engines or dual bike engines.

the super7s are excellent little cars. they handle good, nice power, and like a go-cart. i took a ride in one at the vin cele. the guy on that r1 was a douche. the tach never got above half to red most of the time. im pretty sure in the hands of anyone half way decent, the r1 would have destroyed that car. however, im also pretty sure that the bike wouldnt have been able to pass the car in most of those corners. different line. the car goes way deeper. but on the straight, off the corners, it should have left the lotus in the dust. i dont see many of those lotus' doing 180mph.

jc

aaron, send my wheel.

JB
    well, the reason the track is awesome is because it's the old nuerburgring in germany. 14miles or so of former GP glory. the place that saw fangio, moss, ickx, stewart, hill, and lauda. the last on the list actually crashed in a most spectacular way there and got half of his body burned, but miraculously survived. now the track is opened to the public for 7euros i think and you can take your car or bike on there and let it rip. of course you have rules and such but whatever. when one goes to a racing event in germany, one can see a sticker of a squigly line on the back of many spectators cars and one wonders what the hell is this.... it's the 'ring. i have yet to go there, but one day i will. i dont have the skills to eat that lotus (or replica?) on a bike but i think i have the driving skills to take that R1. but that would be either with pace notes or knowing the track like the back of my hand. i think a stock porsche GT1 with Hankook tires still hold the record for the loop, but maybe Gilles Panizzi with the 206WRC might have broken that a few years back, or maybe he had some traffic.... ah, you search it.

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

yeap your right the body work or lack of keeps the top end down.its like a very low brick.

I drove the Nuerburg Ring in my Saab GT750 in 1967. I also saw the 67 German GP there. I think I might still have some black and whites somewhere of that race. It is a great track but I would think quite a few laps would be required to actually learn it well enough to go really fast. Also did you see all that armco? I wouldn't want to crash there on a bike.

Mike O>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links