Biker 1 Car 0 - Page 3
Close

Biker 1 Car 0

This is a discussion on Biker 1 Car 0 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Geeto67 I'm sure we've all done it. I've done it too, that's how I know it's stupid. The faster we are going, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Biker 1 Car 0

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    I'm sure we've all done it. I've done it too, that's how I know it's stupid. The faster we are going, the less physics is on our side.
    Nope, never done that.
    The last bit of road rage that I've had the pleasure to be involved with was just over 2 years ago.
    On my way home after a night shift on a particularly icy morning I was cut up by a brand new Mercedes, so I laid on my horn.
    The driver kindly showed me his middle finger shortly before slamming on his brakes, I just managed to miss him.
    He thought I'd be a jolly jape to try it again, this time I pulled up alongside the back of the car, and brought my fist down on his boot lid as hard as I could, making a sizeable dent.
    He drove off, and haven't seen him since.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

I think a lot of road drivers would benefit from spending a day on a motorbike and a cycle and see how it feels to have your life endangered by a car pulling out or when cycling and a car passes you just brushing your shoulder, it may change their perspective!!. If a bikers reaction is extreme there is usually JUST CAUSE for it!

Now that being said the rider in the video is still a cock for pulling that move.. because he endangered his own and everyone else life on that highway! If I was in that white truck with my kids that crashed and I saw the video I'd want the rider hung up! Personally If I was that aggrieved at a car/driver I'd follow at a safe distance and wait until they stopped .. then take action! But most likely in that time you'd realise it was stupid, be thankful you are still upright and your kids have a father and move on!

Even with preride mantra "there all out to kill you" I still get caught out but it limits shit like in this video. Idiot radar gets pretty good and improves the more I/we ride IMO. A large % of avid motorcycle enthusiasts can spot shit about to happen to the point it's like an extra sense. Most regular drivers done't develop this because there lives aren't at stake to that degree. In the car I'll say "watch this idiot" and the wife gives me that RCA Victor dog look as they pull a complete wanker of a move. Just a thought.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Integra99 View Post
    I think a lot of road drivers would benefit from spending a day on a motorbike and a cycle and see how it feels to have your life endangered by a car...
    when I become King I'm going to make it a mandatory experience
    Andyshep and woodsman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyshep View Post
    Automatic centre punch. Bye window.
    Keep one in my pocket, they work amazingly well. I've seen videos of people trying to break out car windows with hammers and having a difficult time. Snap punch and "snap" the windows gone.
    Andyshep likes this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

So, since we are talking about cars vs bikes here...one of my bigger pet peeves isn't the distracted drivers, it's the hot rod assholes who want to show off.

Saturday I was coming back from our local cars and coffee group on the ducati, about 70mph in the middle lane when I get this this guy in a newer camaro SS who gives me a ricer flyby. I think nothing of it and move to the left lane because traffic is moving better there and he cuts over 3 lanes to get behind me and proceeds to tail me until we get enough room and he gives me the ricer flyby again. I don't mind fast cars passing me, but the whole aggressively following me thing unnerves me a bit. chances are if there is an accident it will be because of his behavior and I will likely end up under his bumper.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    So, since we are talking about cars vs bikes here...one of my bigger pet peeves isn't the distracted drivers, it's the hot rod assholes who want to show off.

Saturday I was coming back from our local cars and coffee group on the ducati, about 70mph in the middle lane when I get this this guy in a newer camaro SS who gives me a ricer flyby. I think nothing of it and move to the left lane because traffic is moving better there and he cuts over 3 lanes to get behind me and proceeds to tail me until we get enough room and he gives me the ricer flyby again. I don't mind fast cars passing me, but the whole aggressively following me thing unnerves me a bit. chances are if there is an accident it will be because of his behavior and I will likely end up under his bumper.
    I'm trying to think back to being 20 and having a Cuda. Not having much luck. To long ago. I know I did dumb stuff but not that. I imagine they see the bike as competition for top spot on some imaginary list of fast and cool. When I was young and a different kind of stupid on the bike and I came up on a fast car having a go I'd get a little aggressive. Usually pass them with a hand full of throttle and close enough to give'm an ear full of exhaust. Why, I no longer understand.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

I just think of it in terms of the "Twist of the Wrist" Keith Code attention spending model: If I have $10 worth of attention to spend on all things happening, I want to be spending a small amount, like $2-3, on what's behind me, but having an aggressive dude who wants to pass me at any chance he gets means I have to spend more attention, like $5 than I like, which means I am taking it from something like road condition, traffic ahead, the motorcycle itself, etc....

Primary risk is having something happen ahead where I have to make an emergency lane change, and to have that dude be where I need to be because he hopped out from behind me because he's following too close.

I get why he does it: he has a car he's proud of, he wants to show off, he has a small penis, he recognizes a kindred spirit in someone riding a bike and is proud of that bike and also has a small penis, and it becomes like bucks smashing horns over a doe, or strangers high fiving each other hard at a football game. I understand why it's done, I just don't like it because...well....he's in a car and I'm not.
    Last edited by Geeto67; 06-28-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

I can relate to exactly that..

I was riding my GSXR 600 last year back from the coast on some lovely twisties.. but in front of me was a huge Chevy truck V8 HEMI thing (ironically I'm in the UK) I was having a great ride but wanted to get past as he was going real slow and so I sat back about 3 car lengths from him with his girlfriend in the passenger seat.. stuck behind for a couple of miles I was in no real hurry and he appeared not to be either... so finally a nice bit of open road and rather than nail it I left her in 5th and cruised past until I reached his passenger door and he dropped the hammer, in truth the truck took off and surprised me at which point our speed was matched, so I dropped it down a gear and he dragged me the next bend and proceeded to sit right up my arse as I twitched trying to slow the bike into the next set of bends... why the fuck I didnt get out of the throttle I dont know and let him go.. I guess at that point I was on it but a 600 isnt that quick from 4k revs.

He sat so close behind me on the next bends having a laugh thinking he was some hero when in fact he almost had me killed showing off .

We got to the next junction I parked the bike, got off and I must admit went freaking mental... if you are being over taken because you are going slowly, you don't then freaking nail it putting me in the danger zone towards oncoming traffic and running out of braking distance... you utter utter cnut , now feck off before I smash you freaking door in... he was a skinny runt.. showing off on a straight road with 400hp ..

Agree, I get it, I'm sure it was fun but he was in a 2.5 ton truck having driven like a snail for miles and we were not racing!!

I ride now with the assumption that all drivers are going to try to kill me!
    Geeto67 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links