Cafe Racer Forum banner

I felt like a badass...until...

873 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ews 
#1 · (Edited)
My wife and I just got back from a trip around the Great Plains on our Can-Am Spyders; 2500 miles over 7 days. As part of the trip we did our second Smackdab Solstice Run - 675 miles between dawn and dusk. Seemed like a pretty significant accomplishment until we met this guy at an overlook at The Badlands. He's riding from Seattle to The Outer Banks of NC on the '73 TR7 he's owned since 1981. We ended up sharing the road with him for about 250 miles. Pleasant and trouble-free travels, my friend.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good on you and him.
As for badass. I think the local gold standard was set by a Vincent nut. He road 2 up from Vancouver to Tierra del Fuego and back. I'm limited to a few hours and then I need a crane to lift me off. Now my idea of a long ride is sitting in a comfy deck chair watching the downrigger, while my gracious bride steers the boat and hopefully gets to grab the net to scoop up some fodder for the smoker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.