engine rebuild
Close

engine rebuild

This is a discussion on engine rebuild within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi, I'm new to the board and I'm looking for a bit of help. I have an '80 cb750f that Iwould like to get running ...

Thread: engine rebuild

engine rebuild

Hi, I'm new to the board and I'm looking for a bit of help. I have an '80 cb750f that Iwould like to get running again. I don't have time to rebuild my motor and was wondering if anyone could recomend a shop in Mass that could rebuild it. I did minimal research into finding out whats wrong... It lost power very quickley one day, started backfiring, and then quit starting. I did a compresion test on only 2 cyl bith were very low. what do you think, top end?
    Any help would be appreciated
    Mike

Might be easier and cheaper to find a running parts bike and transplant the motor.
    Seems to me rebuilds are almost never up to the same standards as new and dont last as well anyways.
    Guy

The bike breaker

Lo compression is never a friend of horse power. You might want to do carbs, valve adjustments, and timing just to see where you stand. If you like the bike, I would recommend doing a top end job. Top ends don't take that long and if done right will make your bike as good if not better than stock.

Ever seen a nice bike with a missing motor and it pisses you off, thats Guys fault. If everyone keeps taking all the good running motors instead of rebuilding them, there are not going to be many vintage bikes around in 25 years. Well, except for the ones I've rebuilt.

Aaron

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Ok, Ok, LOL I guess i have been guilty of some of those things. But just for giggles what can he expect to pay a reputable shop for a proper rebuild on that motor? Im guessing he could buy a good running bike for the cost and still have his bike for parts. Doing it yourself is a different matter though. With my skill all Id end up with is a bunch of ruined parts.
    Guy

The bike breaker

Did I say running "parts" bike? I thought so.
    Guy

The bike breaker

n/a
    Doing it yourself is a different matter though. With my skill all Id end up with is a bunch of ruined parts.

Yo, I feel your pain man............

Ask Aaron !!

#58 USCRA
    250GP Champion 98-99
    Gunstock 2000

Edited by - 250gpchamp on May 21 2003 8:48:36 PM

Your right Guy, if your skills are anything like John's you should get a new motor. I was just haven some fun with you. John thanks for the call yesterday.

Aaron
    #133 All of em

Sponsored Links