Shipping?
Close

Shipping?

This is a discussion on Shipping? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Anybody have an opinion on motorcycle shipping? I'm looking at a bike on ebay that would have to be shipped. It gets over Sunday night ...

Thread: Shipping?

Shipping?

Anybody have an opinion on motorcycle shipping? I'm looking at a bike on ebay that would have to be shipped. It gets over Sunday night so I only have one business day to figure it out. thanks in advance

04 KDX 200
    05 KX 250f- SOLD!
    01 GSXR 750
    75 GT 550
    68 Chevelle

FR
    I wouldn't buy a bike on ebay that I couldn't pick up. Too risky. I did buy a bike on ebay, but I kept the search within the range I was comfortable with for picking up.
    Too many ways for a transaction to get f**ked up if you don't actually see the bike until it arrives at your driveway. And most of the time, if you're patient, the bike you're looking for will show up in your range.
    As a last resort, I'd pick a zip code where I have family or friends that could look at the bike, advise me of condition, and potentially hold it for me till I could arrange to pick it up.
    Besides, shipping will add enough to the total price that it is no longer a good deal, unless you're buying something so rare and expensive that it doesn't matter, in which case it's a moot point.
    But if I haven't talked you out of it, I researched shipping a bike across the country a couple years ago, I got three quotes from three different companies to ship a bike from LAX to ALB. All three were within $50. I was somewhat amazed and skeptical. In short, I don't think there are any "deals" out there, you're gonna pay the going rate unless you know somebody.

FR

if you don't want to crate your bike check out Allied Van Lines....very good and if you ship business to business you get a discount....

Ride Fast and Take Chances

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I got some online quotes, Allied was one of them. I also contacted a company called Pak Mail. They're a logistics company. Their service is about $100 more than my guotes but all I have to do is tell them is where it is and where I want it.

I just see so many ways this deal could go wrong. But living in Iowa old bike selection is pretty sparse, so I quess you pays your money and takes your chances if you want something you can't find locally.

04 KDX 200
    05 KX 250f- SOLD!
    01 GSXR 750
    75 GT 550
    68 Chevelle

Sponsored Links